- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
I am a Consultant in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in NHS since March 08, currently working in Monkwearmouth Hospital, Sunderland.
I have offer Private Consultations now at Ashmore Consulting Rooms, Sunderland.
I enjoy the opportunity to offer easy access, timely and effective mental health support to children and young people rather than waiting long periods as I am acutely aware of the impact this can have in this crucial developmental age.
I qualified MBBS from MGR Medical University (Stanley Medical College), Chennai, India, in Jan 1997.
I received MRC Psychiatrists in Nov 03
I have completed PgC in Healthcare Leadership from Teeside University in Oct 2018.
Having had some Psychiatry training in India, I completed further Core Training in Psychiatry in London (Charing Cross Rotation) Feb 01- Feb 04.
I then completed Higher training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry from South Wales (Cardiff) Feb 05- Feb 08.
I am also a Medical manager, Educational Supervisor and Medical staff Governor for NTW Board of Governors. I am also a Specialist Advisor for the CQC (Care Quality Commission).
Areas of interest
I have special expertise in assessment and treatment of Neurodevelopmental disorders pathway ie Autism Spectrum Disorders; ADHD and Tics and Tourettes.
I also have special expertise in regular Psychiatric disorders presenting in 0-18 years such as Depression; Anxiety; OCD; PTSD; other mood disorders; Psychoses, Eating disorders; and emotional adjustment difficulties.
I also regularly liaise with Education and Acute Physicians for co-morbid conditions.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and
Associate Medical Director and Medical Governor: NTW TRust
CYPS (Children and Young Peoples Service)
Sunderland SR5 1NB
Tics and Tourettes Syndrome
Clinically I am interested in all Psychiatric conditions in under 18 yrs, liaison with Paediatricians, Education care and Adult mental health as necessary.
I am also interested in Quality and Service improvement, have a PgC in Healthcare Leadership, and am a CQC Specialist Advisor
I am a mother of two lovely sons.
I enjoy spending my spare time with my boys and my husband, listening and teaching music, playing badminton, reading and travelling.
As SpR I received best SpR Research project prize for my work in ADHD.
I have a best Poster prize recently for my Poster publication on Tourettes Syndrome Case series.
I have been awarded Clinical Excellence Awards through my Trust for the last 2 years for my all round Contribution.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Tamil - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Fluent
1. My book entitled Tourette’s Syndrome in Children and Young People: A Case series was published in 2017, ISBN:978-3-330-87082-6
2. My poster on Tourette’s Syndrome Case series was awarded Poster prize in the NTW Neuropsychiatry conference in Nov 15. It was also presented in the World Tourettes Congress in London in June 15 and published in their flyer.
3. My poster entitled Sunderland Tier 3 CAMHS and Paediatrics combined Neurodevelopmental Pathway was presented as a poster in June 2017 in the Edinburgh Royal College of Psychiatrists International Congress.
Courses offered to GPs
I regularly offer talks to our local GPS and GP Trainees in Sunderland and S Tyneside on Child Mental Health Topics.
I have spoken about:
1. Physical Health monitoring in ADHD and other Child Mental health conditions.
2. Assessment and management of co-morbidities in ADHD
3. Behaviour problems in children: differential diagnoses and where to refer
4. Overview of various Child Mental health presentations, assessment and management.
- MBBS Dr MGR Medical; University, Chennai, India 1997
- MRCPsychiatry Royal College of Psychiatrists, London, UK 2003
- PgC in Healthcare Leadership Teeside University, UK 2008
- ADOS (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule) Oxford 2009
- 3Di (Autism diagnostic Interview) Maudsley, London 2005
Reference number 5205088
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Specialist Advisor CQC 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry , 2008
Affiliations / memberships
Member of Royal College of Psychiatrists
- 28 Duxbury Park Washington/ Online
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 07831 764982
- Spire Hospital, Picktree Lane Rickleton...
- 09:30 - 12:30
- 0191 418 8636
- Spire Hospital, Picktree Lane...
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 0191 418 8636
Post treatment communication
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Pay member claim - missing information - (1-5)