- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Trauma focused CBT
I have over 20 years experience of working with individuals and couples with various therapy approaches. I trained and qualified as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist at York University in 2010 and practice Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for the treatment of depression and anxiety disorders, such as Panic Disorder, OCD, Low Self Esteem, Trauma. I am an accredited member of BABCP.
I achieved Levels 1-3 in Eye Movement Desensitisation (EMDR) to offer therapy to process trauma memories. The above therapies offered are recommended by NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence).
Areas of interest
Depression and Low Mood;
Low Self Esteem;
General Anxiety Disorder (GAD);
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD);
Transactional Analysis/Relationship issues;
Loss and Bereavement;
Age range - Adults;
Current NHS consultant posts held
I have 20 years experience of working with psychological difficulties in a variety of settings including Relate, Primary Care and NHS Improving access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT). I have now moved into private practice providing a range of therapies listed on my website.
I have an interest in others wellbeing and mental health. I like to keep myself well physically and mentally by walking, listening to music, reading, socialising and escaping to the outdoors, particularly where there may be water.
I am passionate and confident in the therapies I am qualified in and I offer my knowledge and skills to support and encourage others to enhance their lives to achieve their goals to improve their wellbeing.
- Certificate in Marital and Couple Counselling Theory and Practice Relate Institute 2001
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Inteventions (CBT) University of York 2010
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision Relate Institute University of Doncaster 2011
- IAPT Supervisor Training (PWP and High Intensity CBT) University of Sheffield 2013
- EMDR parts 1-3 EMDR Extra 2012
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist BABCP 2012
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (5-50)