- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Behaviour Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Trauma focused CBT
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services
My passion is providing evidence-based treatments to help people experiencing mental health problems. I worked in the NHS in a number of mental health roles from 2005 to 2019. I qualified as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist in 2010 and have full accreditation with the British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapies (BABCP). In addition to my clinical work, I am employed at the University of Chester as a Senior Lecturer in Psychology. In this role, I teach and supervise trainee Cognitive Behavioural Therapists. I have also worked as a Teaching Fellow at the University of Manchester.
As well as providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, I offer Cognitive Behavioural Analysis System of Psychotherapy (or CBASP for short). This is a therapy specifically developed to help people experiencing symptoms of chronic depression.
Areas of interest
I work with teenagers and adults from age 16 years. I offer therapy for a range of difficulties including depression, low self-esteem, panic attacks, social anxiety, generalised anxiety (problematic worry), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), health anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), habit disorders, hoarding and body dysmorphia.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Physical disability
Courses offered to GPs
I offer a wide range of seminars on common mental disorders and CBT therapy treatments.
- BSc Honours in Psychology University of Manchester 2004
- Postgraduate Certificate in Primary Mental Health Care University of Manchester 2006
- Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health University of Manchester 2009
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies University of Chester 2010
- Masters Module in Core Clinical Supervision Skills University of Chester 2013
- MSc Cognitive Behavioural Therapies University of Chester 2014
- Cultivating Self-Esteem with Cognitive Therapy Melanie Fennell/ BABCP 2015
- Anxiety Traps Christine Padesky/ BABCP 2015
- CBT for Depression and Suicide Christine Padesky/ BABCP 2016
- An Overview of Imagery in CBT Tobyn Bell/ BABCP 2016
- Autism Awareness and Reasonable Adjustments Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council 2017
- Cognitive Behavioural Analysis System of Psychotherapy- Innovative Treatment for Persistent Depression Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust/ BABCP 2017
Affiliations / memberships
Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy. This provides recognition of attainment against the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and learning support in higher education.
- Bramhall Osteopathic Practice, 57 Woodford...
- 09:00 - 19:30
- 07871 275698
- Bramhall Osteopathic Practice57 Woodford...
- 12:00 - 19:30
- 07871 275698
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (5-50)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - remote - (5-50)