- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Consultant Paediatric Surgeon in Nottingham Children's Hospital, Queens Medical Centre and Derbyshire Children's Hospital, Royal Derby Hospital.
I have more than 25 years of experience in the field of Paediatric Surgery.
I am the Speciality Lead for Paediatric Surgery at Nottingham.
Areas of interest
Children's Surgery below age of 16 years; Hernia; Hydrocele; Undescended testes; Orchidopexy; Circumcision; Prepucioplasty; umbilical hernia; Tongue tie; Laparoscopic surgery; Gastrointestinal surgery; abdominal pain; constipation;
- Ruth Bowen
- Nottingham University Hospital Queens Medical Centre Derby Road Nottingham NG7 2UH
- 07843 491627
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Paul Martin Fee Assured
- Dr Amr Hassan Fee Assured
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Marathi (Marāṭhī) - Native or bilingual
- FRCS Ed (Paed. Surg) Intercollegiate Speciality Board 2003
- M.Ch (Paediatric Surgery) University of Bombay 1995
- M.S. University of Bombay 1991
- MBBS University of Bombay 1989
Reference number 4591838
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Executive Committee Member British Association of Paediatric Surgeons 2018
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Primary repair of inguinal hernia - (1-5)
Wedge excision or avulsion of nail (including chemical ablation of nail bed) - (1-5)
Repair of epigastric hernia - (1-5)
Frenotomy /frenectomy of tongue under general anaesthetic (as sole procedure) - (1-5)
Repair of umbilical/paraumbilical hernia (irrespective of age) - (1-5)
- Show All (6 )...