- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma focused CBT
I am a Registered General Nurse and a Registered Mental Health nurse with over 30years of experience. I qualified as a CBT therapist in 2011 and Practice both in the NHS and privately. I am fully accredited with the BABCP, which means I have a requirement to keep up to date with training and developments within the field of CBT. CBT is an evidence based treatment for depresssion, anxiety, OCD, panic disorder, PTSD , low self esteem , phobias and health anxiety.
I am also an accredited EMDR practitioner Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing) which is an evidence based treatment for trauma.
Areas of interest
Depression; Generalised Anxiety Disorder; PTSD; Phobias; OCD; Panic Disorder; Health Anxiety, Low self Esteem; Social Anxiety.
I see clients over the age of 16 years old.
Current NHS consultant posts held
I currently work as a CBT/ EMDR therapist in the NHS.
If he past I have been part of a research study which was evaluating the efficacy of a therapeutic group for female survivors of childhood sexual abuse. This research was published in 1994.
Users’ views of therapeutic groups for adult female survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
Firth, M; Saunders.L; Mohammad, H
Health and Social Care in the Community.
(maiden name was Saunders).
- RGN Leeds General Infirmary 1986
- Diploma in Community Nursing University of Bradford 1999
- RMN South Manchester School of Nursing 1994
- Post Graduate Diploma in CBT University of York 2011
- EMDR EMDR MASTERCALSS 2016
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Nursing Registration NMC 1994
- CBT accreditation BABCP 2012
- EMDR accreditation EMDR masterclass 2020
Details of entry to specialist register
- NMC , 1994
- BABCP , 2011
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (5-50)