- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Not in Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a consultant general , hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgeon. I have a special interest in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. I perform laparoscopic cholecystectomies (keyhole surgery to remove the gallbladder) open and laparoscopic hernia repairs, major liver and pancreatic surgery and general abdominal surgery.
Areas of interest
Gallbladder surgery; keyhole surgery; laparoscopic surgery; hernia surgery; abdominal surgery; liver surgery; pancreatic surgery; treating gallstones; treating patients with acute and chronic pancreatitis; incisional hernia repairs; groin hernia repairs; removal of lipomas.
- Judith Lacey
- Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital Scraptoft Lane Leicester LE5 1HY
- 0116 274 3709
- Pauline Lewis
- Spire Leicester Hospital Gartree Road Leicester LE2 2FF
- 0116 265 3625
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Bhavesh Raithatha Fee Assured
- Dr Inthira Jeyapalan Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic and general surgeon University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester General Hospital.
Microwave ablation of liver tumours, treatment of patients with acute and chronic pancreatitis, medical education, treatment of hernias and gallstone disease.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Fluent
Multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Courses offered to GPs
I am available to give talks to GPs either organised through the Nuffield and Spire hospitals or if approached directly.
I have extremely good outcomes which are on par with my peers nationally and internationally. I have a high patient satisfaction rate as evidenced by my yearly appraisal and a low complication rate.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Educations for Surgeons University of Dundee 2017
- Masters of Minimal Invasive Surgery University of Adelaide 2013
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons 2012
- MD University of Leicester 2011
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons 2005
- MBChB University of Leicester medical School 2001
- Fellowship in HPB and Transplant Surgery Churchill Hospital Oxford 2014
- Fellowship in HPB and Upper Gi Queen Elizabeth Hospital Adelaide 2013
Reference number 6029561
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Surgery/ HPB surgery , 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons
International Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic association
- Nuffield Health Scraptoft Lane LEICESTER LE5 1HY
- 19:00 - 19:00
- 0116 274 3709
- Spire Hospital, Gartree Road Oadby LEICESTER...
- 19:00 - 21:00
- 0116 265 3625
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
All patients when discharged from the Nuffield or the Spire hospitals will be provided with a direct dial number incase of any issues post discharge.
I follow up all my post operative patients in a timely fashion.