- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Miss Vivian A. Elwell completed her Neurosurgical training on the North Thames Neurosurgical London Rotation. She gained further specialist training in complex spinal surgery as a Central London Senior Spinal Fellow. In addition she was awarded the British Association of Spinal Surgeons President Travelling Fellowship and the International Group for Advancement in Spinal Science Fellowship (IGASS).
She is a Consultant Neurosurgeon with an Interest in Complex Spinal Surgery. Her current clinical and research interests include: head and spinal injury, spinal tumours and spinal degenerative disease.
Areas of interest
Simple and complex spine surgery
• Degenerative spinal disease, cervical and lumbar herniated disc protrusion, back pain, spinal injuries, spinal fractures, spinal infection, spinal tumours
• Microsurgery, minimally invasive spinal surgery, spinal instrumentation
• Carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve compression
• Neurotrauma (head injury)
- Ellie Walling
- The London Clinic 20 Devonshire Place London W1G 6BW
- 07711 249691
Current NHS consultant posts held
Miss Elwell is a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Her current clinical and research interests include: head and spinal injury, spinal tumours and spinal degenerative disease.
- FRCS (Neuro. Surg) The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2012
- MA University of Cambridge 2004
- MBBS: Clinical Medicine Imperial College School of Medicine, Univ. of London 2003
- BA (Hons): Pre-Clinical Medicine University of Cambridge 2000
- BA in Biological Sciences Columbia College, Columbia University 1994
Reference number 6076273
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC- Specialist Register in Neurosurgery , 2013
- GMC-Full Registration , 2004
- HCA, The Shard/The London Bridge Hospital
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 020 3131 6888
- Telemedine- Telephone/Video
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 07523 327749
- The London Clinic
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 020 3131 8000
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.