- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am an Occupational Therapist specialising in hand therapy.
I have over 20 years experience in this field treating a wide range of hand injuries and conditions.
I have a Master's degree in Hand Therapy and am an accredited hand therapist (AHT) with the British Association of Hand Therapists and a European Certified Hand Therapist (ECHT) with the European Federation of Societies for Hand Therapy.
Areas of interest
Hand therapy; Splinting; Orthotics; Rehabilitation; Desensitisation; Osteoarthritis; Carpal Tunnel Syndrome; Fractures; Soft tissue injuries; Trigger finger; Wrist problems; Hand pain; Tendonitits
Current NHS consultant posts held
Clinical Specialist in Hand Therapy and Extended Scope Practitioner, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board.
Proximal Phalanx Fractures
Normal Sensation of the Hand
Patient Rated Outcome Measures
1. Psychometric properties of the PEM hand PROM in traumatic and elective conditions
(Justin Wormald, Ryan Trickett, Nick Gape, Chris Gibbons, Christina Jerosch-Herold, Elizabeth Gibbons, Andrew Price, Rob Poulter, Jeremy Rodrigues),
Patient Reported Outcome Measures PROMS Annual Research Conference, Leeds, July 2019
2. The Patient Evaluation Measure â€“ Whatâ€™s the Score?
(Nick Gape, Ryan Trickett, Graham Charles), BSSH/BAHT Joint Scientific Meeting, Swansea, April 2019
3. Gape N, Hewin P. A matter of degree: Has Occupational Therapy graduated as a profession? British Journal of Occupational Therapy. 1995: Feb: 50-54.
- Masters Degree in Science (MSc) University of Derby 2016
- Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists (Dip COT) Cardiff University 1993
Details of entry to specialist register
- European Certified Hand Therapist, EFSHT , 2011
- Accredited Hand Therapist, BAHT , 2010
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Hand Therapists
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Follow on hand therapy session (physiotherapy or occupational therapy) - (5-50)
Initial hand therapy session (physiotherapy or occupational therapy) - (5-50)