- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma focused CBT
I am a qualified CBT & EMDR Therapist and Lecturer and hold full accreditation with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists (BABCP).
I have been practicing as a therapist for 10 years and have worked with Greater Manchester Police, the NHS, within the private sector and also as Course Lead for the CBT Master's programme at the University of Cumbria.
I very much enjoy working as a CBT therapist, because it is an approach that is very often effective and provides people with techniques to address and alleviate problems they often hadn't thought they could overcome.
I find that many people are apprehensive about therapy and so it has always been important to me to make clients feel comfortable. I believe this is one of the reasons that my clients make great progress in therapy and see the changes they had hoped for.
Areas of interest
Depression, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Social Anxiety, Illness Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Generalised Anxiety; Low Self-esteem, Chronic Stress; Eating Disorders
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- BSc (hons) Psychology University of Manchester 2007
- Post Graduate Certificate in Primary Mental Health Care University of Central Lancashire 2009
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy University of Cumbria 2012
- Master of Science- Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy University of Cumbria 2021
- EMDR Training EMDR Academy 2020
Details of entry to specialist register
- BABCP , 2015
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (5-50)