- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist and an EMDR Europe Accredited Practitioner with experience in working with people presenting with a wide range of psychological difficulties.
My background is diverse as I have worked in a Community Mental Health Team, a Specialist Psychotherapy Department, a Community Health Psychology Service, and a University Counselling Centre. I have also worked as a University Lecturer for the University of East London and Visiting Lecturer for the City University of London.
I have experience in working with different therapeutic models (integrative, EMDR, CBT, ACT, person-centred, psychodynamic and systemic) and I have developed an eclectic approach, which is tailored to each individual’s unique self and needs. Being an EMDR Europe Accredited Practitioner, I make use of EMDR to help people who have had traumatic experiences and have struggled with PTSD, anxiety, depression, phobias or other difficulties.
Areas of interest
depression; anxiety; stress; low self-esteem;panic attacks; phobias; obsessive-compulsive disorder; trauma; relationship difficulties; sexuality concerns; grief and loss
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Greek, Modern - Native or bilingual
Kouriatis, K., & Brown, D. (2011). Therapists’ bereavement and loss experiences. Journal of Loss and Trauma, 16, 205-228.
Kouriatis, K., & Brown, D. (2013-2014). Therapists’ experience of loss: An interpretative phenomenological analysis. Omega: Journal of Death and Dying, 68 (2), 89-109.
- B.Sc. Psychology (first-class honours/Valedictorian) Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece 2007
- Practitioner Doctorate (PsychD) Psychotherapeutic and Counselling Psychology University of Surrey 2011
- Certificate of completion of the full four-part EMDR Europe Accredited training programme in the theory and practice of EMDR EMDR WORKS/EMDR EUROPE 2016
Affiliations / memberships
I am a Counselling Psychologist who is an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPsS) and is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP). I am also an EMDR Europe Accredited Practitioner (EMDR Association UK).
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - remote - (>50)
Psychology session - (1-5)