- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Video and telephone consultations
I am an accredited member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapists (BACP). I have extensive experience working for the NHS, as well as specialising in Workplace Employment Assistant Programmes (EAPs), and have my own private practice where I work from with bases in Blackpool FY4 and Preston PR4.
I work with a wide range of issues to help individuals identify and access their own inner resources to help them work through difficulties in their life. I work within an integrative framework, whereby I incorporate a range of theories and interventions to best help my clients understand and overcome issues in their lives. My experience includes working with a range of presenting problems including; loss and grief, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, childhood and attachment, trauma, PTSD, low self-esteem and confidence, long term health conditions, addiction and dependency.
As a Psychotherapist I offer warmth, empathy and genuineness to support building a trusting therapeutic relationship. Since everybody is different and unique, each one of us has our own solutions and resources within ourselves. By exploring your own experiences with you in a Person-Centred way, I am able to integrate the extensive training I have undertaken to help clients identify better ways of relating in relationships with others, and work towards understanding themselves better so that they can make the choices to live the life they want to lead. Please feel free to contact me for further information.
I am also a registered EMDR therapist and Mindfulness MBCT Facilitator.
Areas of interest
I deliver Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) to clinical groups in the NHS and privately to organisations.
I am also a qualified EMDR therapist and work with clients presenting with trauma related symptoms, PTS and PTSD and childhood attachment issues.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Workplace Counselling
- Long term health conditions
Current NHS consultant posts held
NHS IAPT Service, Blackpool
Long term Health conditions
Employment Assistance Programmes (EAPs) ie workplace counselling
Critical Incidents Debriefs
- Certificate in Person Centred Expressive Therapy Dinah Brown, Kenda 2015
- Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Lancashire Adult College 2012
- BACP Endorsed Certified Cyber Facilitator (to work online/via the telephone) Online Therapy Institute 2014
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) University of Bolton 2016
- BACP Endorsed Training and Supervision of Counsellors and Psychotherapists University of Strathclyde 2013
- Cert. Ed. (Certificate in Education) UCLAN 2007
- Psycholgy BSc Hons (2:1) University of Bolton 2010
- Diploma in Counselling Warrington Collegiate 2011
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy UCLAN 2014
- Counselling for Depression UCLAN 2018
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) Facilitator Lancashire CIC 2017
- Eye Movement Desentisation and Reprocessing EMDR Masterclass, Manchester 2018
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Counselling session - (>50)
Psychotherapy session - (5-50)