- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
I have been a Consultant Cardiologist in the NHS and in private practice for 29 years. I am a General Cardiologist with a sub-specialist interest in arrhythmias and ablation.
In addition, I care for patients with coronary artery disease, heart failure, cardiomyopathies hypertension, and atrial fibrillation.
Areas of interest
Coronary Artery Disease; Angina; Myocardial Infarction;
Heart Failure; Cardiomyopathies;
Adult Sudden Death Syndromes
Current NHS consultant posts held
Currently retired from NHS practice.
I have been the principal author or co-authored 40 original papers in the areas of arrhythmia management, coronary artery disease and hypertension.
Hypertension; American Journal of Clinical Nutrition; The Lancet; The Ulster Medical Journal; Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology; Heart; European Heart Journal; Journal of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh); Journal of the American College of Cardiology; International Journal of Cardiology; Circulation; Americal Heart Journal; Archives of Internal Medicine.
- FRCP RCP (London) 1997
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh) 1986
- MD Queens University, Belfast 1989
- MB, BCh, BAO Queens University, Belfast 1983
- FRCP RCP (Edinburgh) 1996
- BSc (Hons), Physiology Queen's University, Belfast 1980
- Fellow in Clinical Electrophysiology and Research Fellow Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA 1991
Reference number 2803872
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register (Cardiology and General Internal Medicine) , 1996
- Full Registration , 1984
Affiliations / memberships
Member: British Cardiac Society; Irish Cardiac Society; Ulster Medical Society; British Society of Echocardiography; Heart Rhythm (UK).
- Ulster Independent Clinic
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 07565 894510
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
ECG (including reporting) - (5-50)