- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
I have started my career in haematology at Hammersmith Hospital and completed MSc degree with publications on CML gene expression. I have joined the south west London rotation as specialist registrar in haematology and gained high quality training on different haematology disorders. I have been a consultant in haematology for the last 12 years and am currently working at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals where I am the clinical lead for haemato-oncology. I have active role in teaching doctors in training and educational supervisor for F2 doctor and specialist registrar.
Areas of interest
General haematology with special interest in haemato-oncology including Myeloma; Lymphomas and leukaemias.
- Practice Manager Osama Al-Jehani
- 162 Old School Place Croydon CR0 4GB
Current NHS consultant posts held
Clinical Director of Haematology
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospitals
1. Principle investigator for AML19 trial, PETRea trial, MCL bank trial and Myeloma fitness trial at Croydon University Hospital.
2. Co-investigator for FLAIR trial at Croydon University Hospital.
3. Previous PCR based research in CML at Hammersmith Hospital - London
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Native or bilingual
1. Gaber KA, Eldukali WA, Al-Jehani FS. Prevalence of MRSA nasal carrier rate in
haematology patients of Benghazi Medical Center using PCR-based method; first study
in Libya. European Respiratory Journal, 2012, 40(Suppl. 56): 2498
2. Khalaf D, Al-Jehani F. Pseudo-differentiation syndrome in a patient with AML.
Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis, 2011, 3(1): 061
3. Khalaf D, Toema B, Dabbour N, Al- Jehani F. Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis in
association with severe Cytomegalovirus infection. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis,
2011, 3(1): 004
4. Khalaf D, Toema Ba, Al-sadadi Sh, Al-jehani Fa, Sammak Mo. Salmonella Typhi
associated hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in a previously healthy 23 years old
woman. WebmedCentral INFECTIOUS DISEASES 2011;2(3):WMC00175
5. Al- Jehani F, Khalaf D, Al-Sadadi S, Dabbour N. Ecthyma gangrenosum in a patient
with CML. Bloodmed, online, Images 183, May 2009
6. Dungerwalla M, Osuji N, Waldman A, Al-Jehani F, Mehta A, Taylor R, Wotherspoon
A, Cogill G and Matutes E. Isolated CNS involvement in adult T cell
lymphoma/leukaemia. British Journal of Haematology, 2005, 130(4), 511-515.
7. Al-Jehani F, Alsousou J, Gover P. Nephrotic syndrome associated with chronic
lymphocytic leukaemia. Hematology, 2004, 9 (5/6), 401-403.
8. Bareford D, Al-Jehani FS. Chronic myeloid leukaemia associated with hairy cell
leukaemia. Journal of Clinical Pathology, 2000, 53(12): 940-1
9. Al-Jehani FS, Spencer A, Goldman JM, Melo JV. Expression of LH2 gene in Chronic
Myeloid Leukemia. Blood, 1995, 86 (Suppl. 1): 2880.
10. Al-Jehani FS, Hochhaus A, Spencer A, Goldman JM, Melo JV. Expression of the LH2
gene in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia cells. Leukemia, 1996, 10: 1122-1126.
11. Beshyah SA, Schiff R & Al-Jehani FS. National crash call number is needed. Br.
Med. J 1996, 313 (Letter): 429.
- FRCPath Royal College of Pathologists, London, UK 2005
- Certificate of Completion of training in Haematology, CCT Postgraduate Medical Education and Training Board, London, UK 2006
- MB ChB Benghazi University, Benghazi, Libya 1989
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians, London, UK 1994
- Diploma of Internal Medicine, DIM RPMS, University of London, London, UK 1994
- M.Sc. in Haematology University of London, London, UK 1995
Reference number 4455965
Details of entry to specialist register
- Haematology , 2006
Affiliations / memberships
• Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (Haematology), London
• Collegiate Member of the Royal College of Physicians, London
- BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital
- 15:00 - 18:00
- 020 8655 5500
- GenesisCare - Maidstone
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 01622 393736
- Poppy LaneShirley Oaks VillageCROYDONCR9 8AB
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 020 8655 5500
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details