- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Video and telephone consultations
I have worked as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist for over 20 years both in the NHS and private practice. I set up and now run the Counselling Service for female cancer patients at Colchester Hospital. My work is integrative. This means I offer a wide range of theories including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) integrating theory into practice so clients and patients receive support specific to their needs.
I am a Supervisor of other Counsellors and bring my experience and knowledge to support others in the field.
As well as working in Cancer I work with clients with Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Tinnitus, (I have had additional training with the British Tinnitus Association).
Although the above are areas of interest and specialisms for me I also support clients with a wide range of mood changes including depression and anxiety for example that can occur especially in these changing times of COVID. Other areas of my work include difficulties in relationships both personal and professional. Also at transition times of life including redundancy or retirement.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like a no obligation chat to see if I can be of support to you.
Areas of interest
Breast Cancer; female oncology; Tinnitus, Multiple Sclerosis; deafness; depression; anxiety; phobias; relationships; body image; long term health conditions; relaxation/visualisation/mindfulness and how these can aid reducing anxiety
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
Breast Unit Counsellor Colchester Hospital
Sympathetic and Parasympathetic nervous systems and link to physical and mental health
Golf, walking, music, mindfulness, meeting with friends
(Additional) Languages spoken
- British Sign Language - Fluent
- Diploma integral psychotherapy Anglia Ruskin University 2010
- Post graduate certificate psychological therapies (CBT) Anglia Ruskin University 2010
- Certificate in couple counselling Meridian Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2019
- Counselling for Depression Colchester Institute 2014
- Tinnitus Adviser British Tinnitus Association 2015
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited and Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists 2021
- BACP Healthcare British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists 2021
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychotherapy session - (>50)