- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Gardner is a consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who has a specialist interest in Facial Aesthetic and Reconstructive surgery. He is one of the few Scottish based Certified Cosmetic Facial Surgeons by the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
He practices facial surgery in the NHS in the West of Scotland between the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow and Dumfries and Galloway Royal Hospital. His NHS sub-specialities are wisdom teeth removal, facial deformity, skin cancer, salivary gland and post traumatic facial reconstruction while he has trained in all aspects of hard and soft tissue oral/facial surgery.
Mr Gardner qualified from Edinburgh, St Andrews and Dundee Universities in Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry. His Basic medical training was undertaken in the South East of Scotland with his higher surgical training in Maxillofacial surgery completed across Scotland. During his higher training he achieved and completed a Training Interface Fellowship in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Mr Gardner is also an examiner for the final FRCS examination in oral and maxillofacial surgery for the Royal Colleges.
Areas of interest
Facial aesthetics; post traumatic facial reconstruction; facial deformity surgery; salivary surgery; wisdom teeth removal
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Philip W Bolton Fee Assured
- Dr Ahmed Almaki Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant - Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow and Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary
- MFDS Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2003
- BDS Dundee University 2001
- MRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2011
- MBChB Edinburgh University 2009
- FRCS(OMFS) Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2015
- Training Interface Fellowship in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Joint Committee on Surgical Training 2016
Reference number 7041308
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Examiner Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery , 2016
Affiliations / memberships
European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
British Association Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
British Medical Association