- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Breast specialist
- Breast surgery
- Breast specialist
- Video and telephone consultations
I am an experienced consultant breast oncoplastic surgeon concentrating on all aspects of breast surgery.
My training included advanced Oncoplastic Fellowships in The Royal Marsden Hospital (world renowned centre of excellence) and the University Hospital of North Midlands. I hold a masters degree in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery from the University of East Anglia.
I specialise in rapid assessment and treatment of symptomatic and screen-detected carcinoma of the breast, as well as all benign breast conditions.
I am passionate about preservation and restoration of the breast during and after cancer treatment and offer various oncoplastic and reconstructive options. I utilise reshaping, reduction and uplift techniques to improve symmetry if the opposite breast needs adjustment. I also provide other procedures like fat transfer/lipomodelling to improve the appearance of the breast after lumpectomy or reconstruction.
I offer treatment of ruptured, misplaced or hardened breast implants.
I take keen interest in the assessment and management of women with high risk family history or gene mutation carriers (e.g. BRCA genes) who are at increased risk of developing breast cancer.
Areas of interest
• Rapid assessment of breast symptoms; • Breast cancer treatment; • All benign breast conditions; • Breast pain; • Breast Lumps; • Nipple discharge; • Nipple invertion; • Breast surgery; • Mastectomy; • Sentinel node biopsy; • Therapeutic mammoplasty; • Partial breast reconstruction with LiCAP; • Treatment of breast deformity after cancer surgery; • Fat transfer / lipomodelling; • Implant breast reconstruction with/without ADM; • Symmetrising breast surgery; • Breast enlargement / reduction / uplift; • Breast auto-augmentation; • Nipple reconstruction / reduction/ adjustment; • Family history risk assessment; • Management of BRCA mutation carriers; • Risk reducing surgery (prophylactic mastectomy); • Treatment of damaged breast implants
Current NHS consultant posts held
Russells Hall Hospital, The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust, Pensnett Road, Dudley, DY1 2HQ
In my free time, I enjoy unwinding with my family at home or outdoors, cycling, swimming and photographing.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- German - Conversational
- Russian - Conversational
• Abdullah M, Voynov V, Stonelake P. Does ‘fast-track’ axillary node clearance following positive core biopsy lead to overtreatment of axilla?, The Surgeon, 2020, ISSN 1479-666X. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surge.2020.04.009
• Potter S, Conroy EJ, Cutress RI, et al. on behalf of iBRA Steering Group and Breast Reconstruction Research Collaborative. Short-term safety outcomes of mastectomy and immediate implant-based breast reconstruction with and without mesh (iBRA): a multicentre, prospective cohort study. Lancet Oncol. 2019 Feb;20(2):254-266.
• Hector L, To N, Dalia E, Voynov V, et al. Patient- and panel-reported outcome of simple mastectomy without drains. EJSO 2018; 44(6): 914–915
• Mylvaganam S, Conroy EJ, Williamson PR, et al. on behalf of iBRA Steering Group and Breast Reconstruction Research Collaborative. Adherence to best practice consensus guidelines for implant-based breast reconstruction: Results from the iBRA national practice questionnaire survey. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2018 May;44(5):708-716
• S Mylvaganam, E Conroy, PR Williamson, et al. of behalf of iBRA Steering Group and Breast Reconstruction Research Collaborative. Variation in the provision and practice of implant-based breast reconstruction in the UK: Results from the iBRA national practice questionnaire. The Breast 2017: Vol 35, 182-190
• The iBRA Research Collaborative. The iBRA (implant Breast Reconstruction evAluation study): A prospective multicentre cohort study to inform the feasibility and conduct of a pragmatic randomised clinical trial comparing new techniques of implant-based breast reconstruction. British Journal of Surgery 2015: 102 (S5) p25
• The Breast Reconstruction Research Collaborative. Exploring variations in the provision and practice of implant-based breast reconstruction in the UK: Initial results from the iBRA National Practice Questionnaire. British Journal of Surgery 2015: 102(S7) 39
• Voynov V, Narayanan S, Soumian S. Implant breast reconstruction with and without acellular dermal matrix – Audit and comparative analysis. EJSO 2015: 41(6) S69
• Voynov V, Vidya R, Nael E. Applying NICE clinical guideline CG80 in practice. EJSO 2014: 40(5) 611
• Ahmed B, Voynov V, Vidya R. Safe breast surgery: Use of WHO checklist. EJSO 2013: 39(11) S68
• Voynov V, M Tan, R Gendy et al. Nipple smear test – does anyone still do it? Poster presentation. West Midlands Breast Meeting. Birmingham, UK, 22 June 2010.
Courses offered to GPs
Breast Oncoplastic Service (presented at Brewood Medical Practice)
- Master of Surgery in Breast Oncoplastic Surgery University of East Anglia 2015
Reference number 7009571
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist in General Surgery , 2008
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Breast Surgery, UK
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.