- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
Are you struggling with anxiety, feeling low, or experienced a trauma as an adult or that you experienced in childhood and wondering how to move forward. If so then I can help you. You may have found that you have become more anxious/worried, having persistent nightmares or have other symptoms. Are you experiencing other psychological difficulties such as OCD, Trauma, Attachment Trauma from early adverse childhood experiences, Phobias, Low mood and/or other Anxiety problems. I have extensive specialist experience of helping people including over 10 years working in the NHS. I aim to help people have a better understanding of their problem, how it developed, then reduce the symptoms or learn how to manage the symptoms they are experiencing.
I am offering remote video and/or telephone sessions which allows more accessibility and convenience for appointments.
I am a BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist. I am also an Accredited EMDR Therapist. EMDR is Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing Therapy. I am trained in Attachment EMDR and I am trained in ACT - Acceptance & Commitment Therapy. I have a background in mental health/psychological therapies having had extensive experience having worked in psychological therapy services and a specialist psychological service in the NHS. I am also a registered social worker with experience of working in Social Care with Adults, Young People and Children. I also have experience working directly with Medical Professionals to address their trauma.
I work with a range of problems from Trauma; Abuse; Childhood Trauma, Childhood Abuse, Emotional Abuse and Neglect; PTSD; Gambling; Addictions; Grief/Bereavement, Depression; Anxiety; Phobias - such as Dental Phobia; Social Anxiety; Health Anxiety; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Low Self Esteem and Difficulties Managing Pain and Long Term Health Conditions and Medically Unexplained Symptoms. I also offer Clinical CBT supervision, Group work and Critical Incident Debriefing/Traumatic Stress Relief work.
If you decide to work with me you can expect to be treated with integrity, dignity, respect and compassion. I understand that taking the first step to access help can be difficult but I aim to support you through this process.
Areas of interest
Trauma - related to Adult and Childhood adverse experiences; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) Sexual; Neglect, Physical & Emotional Abuse; Trauma related to Road Traffic Accidents; Physical Assaults; Critical Incident Debriefing and Traumatic Stress Relief work.
Anxiety disorders; Phobias including dental phobia; social and performance anxiety; Individual therapy; Bereavement/Grief; Depression; Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); Stress related disorders; Difficulties with Sleep; Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS) & Long Term Health Conditions (LTC). Mental Health First Aider and working with Medical Professionals.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Msc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy Derby University 2010
- Attachment EMDR EMDR Focus 2020
- Mental Health First Aider MHFA England 2020
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy Birmingham University 2018
- MA in Social Work University of Leicester 1998
- Cognitive Processing Therapy CPT for PTSD 2021
- EMDR - Parts 1,2,3 Alexandra Richman Training 2014
- EMDR - Parts 1,2,3 EMDR Extra 2017
- Critical Incident Debriefing Psychotherapy for Healthcare Ltd 2020
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Long Term Conditions & Medically Unexplained Conditions University of Nottingham 2019
- Using Imagery Techniques for Complex Trauma BABCP 2020
- CBT in Patients with Hand Conditions & Injuries University Hospitals of Derby & Burton; The Pulvertaft Hand Centre 2019
Affiliations / memberships
Accredited Member of BABCP - British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies
Registered with Social Work England
Accredited Member of EMDR Association UK (Europe).
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (>50)