- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
Life can be overwhelming and sometimes even exhausting, but I’m here to guide clients through those obstacles. As a BACP Accredited Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, and qualified EMDR Therapist, I provide a wide range of psychological services depending on client need. I work with people aged 18 or older.
I offer professional, confidential and non-judgemental therapy. I am based in the Gosforth / Kenton area of Newcastle upon Tyne. I also offer remote therapy and have a COVID-19 protocol to ensure the safety of my clients.
I support clients who are dealing with depression, trauma, anxiety, relationship issues, grief, phobias, stress, low self-esteem and a variety of other issues.
I qualified in 2009 and have been accredited with both the BACP and BABCP since 2013 and work within their ethical frameworks. I strive to maintain the highest standards of ethical practice at all times.
Working integratively allows me to use creative methods within the therapy such as CBT, Transactional Analysis, EMDR (all of which I am fully qualified in and/or accredited) as well as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy principles. As we are all individuals with our own needs and desires, any method of treatment will be discussed and agreed upon prior to implementing. This allows clients to take an active role in their therapy to achieve their desired results depending on their individual needs.
I am also qualified as a Couples Counsellor.
I gained my experience working in the NHS and working privately offering both long and short term counselling and psychological therapy.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Depression; disordered eating; loss; Obsessions; OCD; Personal Development; Phobias; Post-traumatic stress disorder; Relationships; Self Esteem; Self Harm; Stress; Trauma; Work related issues; Generalised Anxiety (GAD / worry); Social Anxiety
- Certificate in Couples Counselling The Cherished Family Project / International Society of Professional Counsellors 2019
- Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapist Newcastle University 2011
- BSc (Hons) Psychology University of Northumbria at Newcastle 2003
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Northern Guild for Psychotherapy 2009
- Masters level (30 credits) Clinical Supervision for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Practice Teesside University 2013
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing Therapist EMDR Academy 2017
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accreditation BACP 2013
- Accreditation BABCP 2013
Affiliations / memberships
BACP & BABCP
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (>50)