- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services
How I work: -
We are a team. You are the person in our team who knows you best. My role is to help you to first express yourself and then to make connections between those thoughts you share and the feelings you express, which perhaps are troubling you.
Together we will look at them in such a way that you can integrate these thoughts and feelings into your understanding. I do that by listening to you & using my experience and training to help bring into your awareness things that perhaps are invisible to you.
If we can achieve this together then you can start to move forward towards a positive outcome. The ‘stuff’ that troubles you won’t necessarily go away but your new understanding of it means that you can recognise it, know it, deal with it and perhaps move past it….
Areas of interest
I work with Individual clients, children & young people, and groups. Every person comes with a different challenge they want to talk about from problems in a personal or work relationship, anxiety or stress, work and life balance, fears and other worries etc. through to serious trauma related perhaps to physical, emotional or sexual abuse or a single traumatic event. Whatever your current feelings are, I will discuss them with you and my suitability to work with you in an open and honest manner.
- PQD in Children & Young People (QLS Level 7) I'm Ok You're Ok 2022
- EMDR Europe Trained Therapist EMDR Europe 2021
- Msc Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP Accredited) Derby University 2013
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Senior Accredited Practitioner National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society 2022
- BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy 2014
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Counselling session - (>50)
Psychotherapy session - (5-50)