- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a medical professional with over 15 years of experience. My special interest is in the field of keyhole gynaecological surgery. My aspiration is simple; help people through illness by blending high quality care with time-honored values of compassion, empathy and respect and work in partnership with my patients.
I specialise in keyhole surgery. My area of special expertise relates to laparoscopic surgery to remove ovarian cysts , perform hysterectomies and to treat pelvic pain. Laparoscopic procedures to treat endometriosis, ovarian cysts and to perform hysterectomies form a regular part of my weekly theatre lists.
I am the RCOG (Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists ) College Tutor at Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust providing oversight to training of doctors aspiring to become specialists in the field. In addition, I am accredited to provide training to doctors wishing to do the advanced training skill module in gynae-oncology.
I work with the General Medical Council as a GMC Associate. I am also a member of the Interim orders Tribunal of the Medical Practitioner Tribunal Service which was set up to protect patients by making independent decisions about a doctorâ€™s fitness to practise, measured against professional standards set by the General Medical Council. I am also part of the PLAB panel which is responsible for ensuring that doctors trained abroad meet the standards laid down by the General Medical Council.
Areas of interest
Gynaecology and/or obstetrics ;Endometriosis ;Gynaecological cancer ;Laparascopic surgery ;Menorrhagia ;Menstrual disorders; period pains; heavy periods; fibroids; menopause; ovarian cysts; polycystic ovaries; PCOS; post menopausal bleeding; hysteroscopy; laparscopic surgery; laparoscopic hysterectomy; hysterectomy;
pre cancerous cells; abnormal smear; smear tests
- Julie Harryman
- Spire Little Aston Hospital Little Aston Hall Drive Little Aston Sutton Coldfield B74 3UP
- 0121 580 7328
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Mamdouh Youssef Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynaecology Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
Pelvic Pain : Principal Investigator GAPP 2 trial which is aimed at helping women with pelvic pain
I am married with two young children. I am a former university level badminton player but now retired. My current exercise pursuits are badminton, swimming and walking for fun!
Annual Excellence Award 2018
Clinical excellence Award 2017
"One and for all" Recognition award from the Chief Executive of Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust in May 2016
Featured in Local Press "Walsall Advertiser" as part of feedback from patient commending the quality of care received
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Malayalam - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Conversational
- Tamil - Basic
- Kannada - Basic
Laparoscopic hysterectomy in frozen pelvis- a simplified technique of retrograde adhesiolysis
Courses offered to GPs
Delivered training sessions on pelvic pain ,endometriosis ,endometrial pre cancer and cancer to General practitioners and specialists in training .
- MBBS / St.Johns Medical College St.Johns Medical College 1999
- MD St.Johns Medical College 2004
- MRCOG Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2007
- Advanced Minimal Access Surgery Fellowship Pauls Hospital Centre for Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery 2004
Reference number 6069916
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- RCOG College Tutor RCOG /Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust 2014
- GMC Associate and Tribunal Member Medical Practitioner Tribunal Service 2015
- Member Gynaecology Expert Advisory Group West Midlands Gynaecology Expert Advisory Group West Midlands 2015
- RCOG Council Member Royal college of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2017
- Training Programme Director Health Education England Foundation Programme 1 2018
- Professor Of Obstetrics and Gynaecology New Vision University 2020
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register Obstetrics and Gynaecology , 2012
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
The British Gynaecological Cancer Society
British Midland Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society
- Little Aston Hall DriveLittle AstonSUTTON...
- 18:30 - 20:00
- 0121 353 2444
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0121 580 7213