- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
I have been working in gynaecology for the last twenty years and working as a consultant gynaecologist for the last twelve years at the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Trust. I specialise in both minor office procedures and day case procedures as well as major surgery in gynaecology. I treat menstrual disorders including heavy and abnormal menstrual bleeding, postmenopausal bleeding, abnormal cervical smears, ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids and pelvic pain. I am also an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer in Gynaecology at Birmingham University. All these years of experience puts me in a very good position to treat most common gynaecological conditions.
I specialise in treating general gynaecological conditions with specific interest in treating heavy and abnormal menstrual bleeding including the use of Mirena coil, endometrial ablation and hysterectomy. I also specialise in management of abnormal cervical smears including colposcopy and treatment procedures like diathermy loop excision of cervix and ablation treatment of cervix. My other specialised area is in the management of postmenopausal bleeding including the use of hysteroscopy and removal of polyps. I also do key hole surgery like laparoscopy for the diagnosis and management of ovarian cysts and chronic pelvic pain.
To date I have performed numerous hysterectomies, hysteroscopies, laparoscopies and colposcopy procedures over the years in the National Health Service.
I used to be the postgraduate college tutor representing the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in my department at Good Hope Hospital. I was also the Clinical Service Lead for Obstetrics at University Hospitals Birmingham.
In addition to my clinical work I am also proud to be an honorary senior clinical lecturer at the University of Birmingham.
Areas of interest
Post menopausal problems;
Post natal depression;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Trust
Honorary senior clinical lecturer, University of Birmingham.
I have plenty of extracurricular interests including performing drama and music. I am also the Secretary of Midland Indian Association and involved in arranging social activities and festivities.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Bengali - Fluent
Case Study on vaginal pneumocystosis
Courses offered to GPs
I am happy to do talks to GPs
- MBBS University of Calcutta, India 1992
- FRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2015
- Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics (DGO) University of Calcutta, India 1995
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy Higher Education Academy (HEA) 2012
- Colposcopy Certification British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP) 2009
- Advanced Training Skills Module in Benign Gynaecological Surgery - Hysteroscopy Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2010
- Certificate of Entry to Specialist Register General Medical Council 2010
- Postgraduate Certificate of Medical Education University of Warwickshire 2012
Reference number 4752356
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer University of Birmingham 2013
- Membership of Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS) 2016
- Membership of General Medical Council General Medical Council (GMC) 2000
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of Entry to Specialist Register , 2010
Affiliations / memberships
- Little Aston Hall DriveLittle AstonSUTTON...
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 0121 580 7151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Myself on 07801816506