- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Shoulder & Elbow
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr.Narayana Prasad is a Consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialises in Shoulder and elbow surgery with particular interest in arthroscopy, sports injury, shoulder and elbow replacement, trauma surgery and management of fractures. Mr.Prasad works at BMI Alexandra hospital, Cheadle and BMI highfield hospital Rochdale. Mr.Prasad’s NHS practice is based at Tameside NHS foundation Trust.
After completing the medical degree Mr.Prasad completed a Masters degree in Trauma and orthopedics. He joined as a clinical research fellow at University of Cardiff and developed a keen research interest in shoulder and elbow replacement. Mr.Prasad completed higher surgical training in trauma and orthopaedics from Wales training programme, UK.
Preceding his consultant appointment, Mr. Prasad was awarded a 6-month fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow surgery from the internationally reputed Sheffield shoulder and Elbow unit. Mr Prasad was subsequently selected for 6 month international fellowship in upper extremity reconstruction and sports surgery from the University of Manitoba, Canada which he successfully completed. He was also awarded the BOA travelling fellowship to visit Centre Albert Trillat, Hospital de la Croix-Rousse, Lyon France.
Mr.Prasad also completed a Master of Science degree in orthopaedic engineering from Cardiff University. He continued his research interest during in career and has extensively presented papers in National and international orthopaedic meetings. He also initiated and completed many service evaluation projects and audits during his career. He has over 20 publications in peer-reviewed journals and has also written book chapters in various orthopaedic textbooks. He is also a reviewer for orthopaedic journals.
Mr.Prasad has kept him self up to date to maintain good clinical practice and has been heavily involved in teaching and training. Mr. Prasad is passionate about his work and ensures that his patients always receive exceptionally high quality of care.
Areas of interest
Shoulder pain, Shoulder surgery,Shoulder impingement; Shoulder arthroscopy (Keyhole);
Arthroscopic shoulder decompression;
Subacromial decompression; Shoulder injections;
Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair;
Shoulder instability surgery;
Shoulder Labral repair;
AC joint Injuries;
Frozen shoulder; Shoulder arthritis;
Shoulder replacement surgery (Anatomic and Reverse);
Tendon injuries of shoulder and elbow; Elbow pain, elbow surgery,
Ulnar nerve release;
Carpal tunnel syndrome;Triggerfinger release;
Elbow replacement;PRP injection;Elbow arthritis;
Specialist shoulder and elbow fracture management
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Ajit Sukumaran Fee Assured
- Dr Laurence Cook Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon
Tameside and Glossop Integrated NHS foundation Trust
1. Prasad N, Stanley D. The arthritic elbow, Chapter 228. Textbook of Orthopaedics and Trauma. 3rd edition, JAYPEE publishers.
2. Prasad N, MacDonald P. ACL reconstruction using medial portal technique. Ligament injuries of Knee. (In Press)
1. Prasad N, Elbow stiffness and its management. Symposium. KJonline.org 2016; 29:25-31.
2. Prasad N, Alli AA, Stanley D. Total elbow arthroplasty in non-rheumatoid patients with fractures of the distal humerus: a minimum ten-year follow-up. Bone Joint J 2016;98-B:381–6.
3. Ramsingh V, Prasad N, Lewis M.Pretibial reaction to bio-interference screw in ACL reconstruction. Knee. 2014 Jan;21(1):91-4.
4. Marson B, Prasad N, Lewis M. Outcome of lateral unicompartmental knee replacement;A DGH experience. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2013 Jul 11(epub ahead of print).
5. Prasad N, paringe V,Kotwal R,Ghandour A,Morgan-Jones R. Two-stage revision for infected total knee arthroplasty: our experience with interval prosthesis. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2013 Jul 11(epub ahead of print).
6. Prasad N, Dent C. Outcome of total elbow replacement for rheumatoid arthritis; single surgeon series comparing Coonrad morrey with Souter prosthesis. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2010 Apr;19(3):376-83.
7. Prasad N, Murray JM. Post-operative Anaemia in Femoral Neck Fracture Patients: Does it Need Treatment? A single blinded prospective randomised controlled trial.
Injury 2009 Oct;40(10):1073-6.
8. Prasad N, Dent C. Outcome of total elbow replacement for distal humeral fractures in the elderly: a comparison of primary sugery and surgery after failed internal fixation or conservative treatment. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2008 Mar;90(3):343-8.
9. Prasad N, Mullaji A. Blood loss in Total Knee Arthroplasty- An analysis of risk factors. Int Orthop 2007 Feb;31(1):39-44.
10. Prasad N, Sunderamoorthy D, Martin J, Murray JM. Secondary prevention of fragility fractures; are we following the guidelines? Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2006 Sep;88(5):470-4.
11. Prasad N, JM Murray, D Kumar, SG Davies. Insufficiency fracture of the Tibial plateau: an often missed diagnosis. Acta Orthop Belg 2006;72(5):587-591.
12. Prasad N, Padmanabhan V, Mullaji A. Comparison between two methods of drain clamping after total knee arthroplasty. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 2005 Jul;125(6):381-4.
13. Prasad N, Odumala A, Elias F, Jenkins T. Outcome of open rotator cuff repair; an analysis of risk factors. Acta Orthop Belg 2005; 71:662-666.
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 2004
- MSc Orthopaedic Engineering Cardiff University 2010
- DNB Ortho National Board Of Examinations 2001
- MS Ortho University of Calicut 2001
- MBBS University off Calicut 1998
- D ortho University of Calicut 2000
- FRCS ( Tr &Orth) Intercollegiate Specialty Board 2010
Reference number 6039856
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT in Trauma and Orthopaedics , 2015
Affiliations / memberships
British Elbow and Shoulder society
Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
British Medical Association
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Injection(s) +/- aspiration, into joint, cyst, bursa - unilateral - (5-50)
Autologous blood injection for tendinopathy with/without dry needling and ultrasound guidance - (1-5)
Arthroscopic subacromial decompression - (1-5)
The Highfield Hospital (1-5)
Excision reconstruction of small joint - (1-5)
The Highfield Hospital (1-5)
Arthroscopic arthrolysis of shoulder contracture +/- manipulation/injection - (1-5)
Alexandra Hospital (1-5)
- Show All (8 )...