- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Head & neck oncology
Sharan Jayaram has been a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck Surgeon at Lanchashire teaching hospitals NHS foundation trust
He is based at Royal Preston Hospital and covers all the other hospitals which are part of the trust.
Having completed his basic ENT training in 2007 at AIIMS, New Delhi, he underwent further training in head and neck cancers, thyroid surgery and voice disorders at Southampton General Hospital and Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham as part of a 2 year Fellowship. As an International Visiting Scholar at UPMC, Pittsburgh, he had an opportunity to learn from some of the pioneers of cancer surgery in USA.
He treats patients with all forms of ear, nose and throat disorders. He has a special interest in head and neck surgery, thyroid surgery and laryngology.
He is actively involved in Head and neck cancer research and is Principal investigator at the trust for multiple nationwide clinical trials.
He is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Edgehill University and has a passion for education and training. He is also the lead for Governance and Performance at his trust.
He is an active member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England(RCS)and British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists(BAHNO)
Areas of interest
General ENT;Thyroid surgery; Head and Neck Cancers; Salivary gland surgery; Voice disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant ENT/Head and Neck Surgeon at Royal Preston Hospital
Head and neck cancers.
Principal investigator for multiple multi-centric trials
1. Kamini trust award for the best outgoing Postgraduate student in Otorhinolaryngology at AIIMS for the year 2004.
2. Dr Kishore Prasad Gold medal for best Consultants paper at the South zone AOI conference, Mysore, India.
3. Dr I.S.Gupta Gold Medal for the best paper presentation at the 18th All India Rhinology Conference, New Delhi.
4. First prize in Residents ENT Quiz at the 18th All India Rhinology Conference, New Delhi.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Kannada - Fluent
- Malayalam - Fluent
- Tulu - Conversational
1. Thakar A, Sharan CJ. Endoscopic sphenopalatine artery ligation for refractory
posterior epistaxis. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2005; 57:215-218.
2. Sharan C. J, Thakar A. Spontaneous Perilymph Fistula. Journal of Indian Society of Otology 2005; 3:41-46.
3. Sharan C J, Bahadur SB, Handa K K, A Thakar, J N Pande Ventilatory function following surgery for Bilateral Abductor Palsy. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2009; 61:208-212.
4. Sharan C Jayaram, N Svecova, T C Biggs, J Theaker, R J Salib. Angiectatic Nasal Polyp - The Great Imitator. The Internet Journal of Otorhinolaryngology. 2013 Volume 15 Number 1.
5. Sharan C Jayaram. Costello, D. (2015), Technical tip for difficult injection laryngoplasty: The use of a hypodermic needle as a retractor. The Laryngoscope. doi: 10.1002/lary.25016
6. Jayaram, S. C., Muzaffar, S. J., Ahmed, I., Dhanda, J., Paleri, V., Mehanna, H. (2016), Efficacy, outcomes, and complication rates of different surgical and nonsurgical treatment modalities for recurrent/residual oropharyngeal carcinoma: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Head Neck. doi: 10.1002/hed.24531
1. Alok Thakar, Sharan Jayaram. Endoscopic Sphenolatine Artery Ligation. Atlas of Operative Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery.
2. Sharan Jayaram, Kristien Boelaert, Ian Hay. Surgery for Benign Thyroid disease. Tips and Tricks in Endocrine Surgery.
Courses offered to GPs
Recent advances in head and neck cancers
Management of thyroid lump
Reference number 7162700
- Beardwood hospital
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01254 507607
- Eaton AvenueMatrix ParkBuckshaw...
- 08:30 - 15:30
- 01257 444828