- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
A highly-experienced Senior Technical Audiologist with a successful background in adult and paediatric services within the NHS.
Excellent communication skills developed over a period of over 26 years working with the hearing impaired.
Highly accomplished, able to translate medical models and test results into easy to understand language.
Areas of interest
Tinnitus, 1:1 counselling to help manage intrusive tinnitus; Hearing tests (Pure Tone Audiometry, air and bone conduction with masking and loudness discomfort level measurements); Hearing Aid Assessments; Hearing Aid fittings; Microsuction for earwax removal
Tinnitus and Hyperacusis
I enjoy spending time with my family. I am a keen gardener in my spare time and love being outdoors.
I am a founding member and a current group organiser of the Sheffield Tinnitus Support Group.
Gold Standard Award from the British Tinnitus Association (BTA) as a group facilitator of the Sheffield Tinnitus Support Group
- OTEC in Medical Physics & Physiological Measurements Richmond College of F.E. 1984
- HTEC in Medical Physics & Physiological Measurements Richmond College of F.E. 1986
- Hearing Aid Aptitude Test University of Southampton 2017
- Clinical Competence in micro-suction for ear wax removal The Hearing Lab 2018
- European Course on The Management of Tinnitus and Hyperacusis British Society of Audiology 2003
- UCL:Masterclass in Tinnitus and Hyperacusis British Academy of Audiology 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists , 2002
- Health & Care Professions Council Hearing Aid Dispenser , 2017
Affiliations / memberships
Full Member of The British Academy of Audiology
Professional Member of The British Tinnitus Association
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.