- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Video and telephone consultations
Working with children, young people and adults in both one-to-one and group situations, I’ve been working offering short term counselling and longer term therapy across a range of settings for over 20 years.
As well as working in private practice I have worked in various settings including:
• Adult Education
• Rape Crisis Centres
• Domestic Abuse Agencies
• The NHS
• Insurance Providers
• Employee Assistance Programs - supporting clients via these from a broad range of backgrounds from FTSE 100 companies to government agencies such as social services and libraries.
My aim is to help you become more comfortable with who you are so that you can:
• Learn to understand your needs and how to express them to others.
• Prioritise and take care of yourself (without feeling guilty or uncomfortable).
• Identify and understand unhelpful patterns of behaviour.
• Be clear about your relationship boundaries and learn how to establish and maintain them.
• Be less critical of yourself.
I’m an approachable, very easy to talk to person and aim to offer a relaxed working relationship within which you feel safe to explore what has been troubling you, both openly and in confidence.
Exploring and helping work through positive change for you is done at a pace you feel comfortable with, though with an agreed appropriate level of challenge.
Accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, I have regular supervision and carry full indemnity insurance.
I also host my own podcast The Validation Lounge: https://validationlounge.com in which I discuss self-worth with other professionals in the field of talking therapy.
Areas of interest
anxiety; depression; relationship difficulties; trauma; Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; developmental trauma; low self esteem; loss; bereavement; stress; burn out; emotional abuse; domestic abuse; anger management; stress; work related stress; bullying; cancer; caring for an elderly parent.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Work Related Stress
Current NHS consultant posts held
I have worked in GP surgeries offering short term counselling for the NHS.
Foundation Course in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling Metanoia Institute 2003
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accreditation British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2016
Affiliations / memberships
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Counselling session - (>50)