- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
Ia has experience in working with clients who have lived through very difficult experiences and mental health issues, as well as those who want a space to reflect on making important decisions, relationship issues and explore choice.
She has extended experience of working psychotherapeutically with work related and organisational issues, in both private and public sector organisations along with working as a counsellor within Higher Education.
Ia also supervises the clinical work of both trainees and experienced counsellors and psychotherapists.
Areas of interest
Abuse; Anxiety; Bereavement; Cultural issues; Depression; General counselling; Identity problems; Loss; Personal Development;Trauma; Redundancy; Relationships; Self Esteem; Sexual identity; Sexuality; Stress; Work related issues
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Ia Tollstam
- 07740 099896
How Socio-Political issues and its impact are worked with in the psychotherapeutic space
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Swedish - Native or bilingual
- Post Grad studies Understanding Trauma from a Psychoanalytic perspective The Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust 2008
- MA in Counselling & Psychotherapy University of East London 2014
- Developing Supervision Skills British Psychotherapy Foundation 2016
- Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling Oaklands College 2006
Details of entry to specialist register
- Accred Reg BACP , 2009
Affiliations / memberships
Accredited and Registered Member British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
Senior Associate Member of APPCIOS (The Association for Psychodynamic Practice and Counselling in Organisational Settings)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Counselling session - (5-50)
Psychotherapy session - (5-50)