- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Not in Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
I have more than 20 years experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. I have been Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Mid Yorks NHS Trust since 2009 and have wide experience in benign gynaecology.
I have more than 20 years experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. I have been Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Mid Yorks NHS Trust since 2009 and have wide experience in benign gynaecology.ent of chronic pelvic pain. I perform conservative surgeries for menorrhagia including hysteroscopy, Mirena IUS insertion and NovaSure endometrial ablation.
Additionally, I have a special interest in early pregnancy problems including recurrent miscarriage. I am trained to manage Premenstrual dysphoric disorder and Polycystic ovarian syndrome
I am a member of British menopausal society and have completed training in menopause and have got 'Advanced Certificate in the
Principles and Practice of Menopause Care'. I am trained to deal with per-menopause, menopause and Premature Ovarian insufficiency.
Management of Premenstrual syndrome,
I keep myself updated with current literature and provide best evidence based practice.
Areas of interest
Management of heavy periods including medical and surgical management.
Hysteroscopy procedure, Endometrial ablation surgery, NovaSure for heavy periods.
Investigation and management of pelvic pain. Laparoscopy investigation and treatment
Laparoscopic Ovarian cyst removal & removal of Ovaries and fallopian tubes.
Abnormal cervical smears plus high risk HPV, Colposcopy, Management of precancerous condition of Vulva, Vagina & Cervix
Management of vulval disorders. Chronic vulval pain,Lichen sclerosis
Management of Premenstrual syndrome, Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Early pregnancy problems including recurrent miscarriage.
- Joanne Howdle
- Spire Methley Park Hospital Methley Lane Methley LEEDS LS26 9HG
- 01977 664215
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr David Pegg Fee Assured
- Dr Vijayananand Nadella Fee Assured
- Dr Michael Munro Fee Assured
- Dr Krishna Matty Srinivsa Rao Fee Assured
- Dr Sandeep Varma Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at the Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
Courses offered to GPs
I offer GP Education on the following topics
-Bleeding and pain in early pregnancy
-Menopause NICE guidance
-Management in Menorrhagia in primary and secondary care NICE Guidance
Within my clinical practice at Spire Healthcare, there has been no concerns with my clinical practice, and a 0% return to theatre and infection rate.
- MBBS. Batchelor of Medicine and Batchelor of Surgery Kanpur university India 1993
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology Kanpur university India 1995
- MRCOG Member of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists RCOG London 2002
- DNB (MD) Doctor of Medicine. Obstetrics & Gynaecology India 1997
- Advanced Certificate in the Principles and Practice of Menopause Care BMS 2022
- Special skill Module in Gynaecology scanning Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 2005
- Special skill module in Advanced Laparoscopy surgery Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 2008
- Accredited Colposcopist British Society of Colposcopy & Cervical Cytology 2003
Reference number 5204151
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member of British Menopause Society British Menopause Society 2019
- Member of Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist RCOG 2002
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology BSCCP 2003
- Cullingworth StreetDEWSBURYWF13 4AN
- 13:00 - 16:00
- 01924 410610
- Methley LaneMethleyLEEDSLS26 9HG
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01977 664217
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Please contact hospital direct
Spire Methley Park - 01977 518518
Spire Elland - 01924 410610
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Colposcopy (+/- biopsy, polypectomy or vulvoscopy) - (5-50)
Hysteroscopy (including biopsy, dilatation, +/- cauterisation, curettage and resection of polyp(s) +/- Mirena coil insertion) - (5-50)
Laparoscopy and therapeutic procedures (including laser, diathermy and destruction e.g. endometriosis, adhesiolysis, tubal and ovarian surgery, +/-ureterolysis) - (1-5)
Introduction of a mirena coil - (1-5)
Endometrial biopsy or aspiration - (1-5)
- Show All (10 )...