- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
I am a BACP Registered & Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist, an ACAT Accredited CAT Practitioner and a qualified EMDR therapist.
I have over 20 years' experience in NHS primary and secondary care mental health services, working with adult clients on a wide range of issues, and I am also a qualified supervisor of counsellors. Alongside my NHS work, I have run my own private practice for many years and this is now my main area of work. I also have counselling experience in the voluntary sector and have taught on a BACP Accredited Counselling Diploma course.
I initially qualified as a Registered General Nurse and worked in hospitals and GP surgeries for over 20 years.
My therapy model is integrative and is informed by several therapeutic approaches including humanistic, psychodynamic, CBT, CAT, EMDR, solution focused, art/creative techniques and hypnotherapy. My nursing experience also usefully informs some of my work, particularly with clients who struggle with physical health issues or who work in healthcare. I view the therapeutic relationship as central and can adapt my style of working to suit individual clients' needs and concerns, offering a professional and ethical approach to all my work.
Since the Covid-19 pandemic, I am unable to offer face to face sessions. All appointments are now online via video link using FaceTime, WhatsApp, Teams, VSee, etc, according to client preference.
I have found video sessions to be equally as helpful and effective as face to face therapy. Please note that for various reasons I currently do not offer online EMDR therapy.
Areas of interest
Individual therapy for, but not limited to, the following issues:
Abuse (emotional, physical, sexual); Anxiety; Bereavement; Depression; Dissociative Disorders; Domestic Abuse; Guilt; Health Issues; Infertility; Jealousy; Life Changes & Adjustments; Loss of Direction in Life; Loss & Grief: Low Self Esteem/Confidence; Miscarriage & Stillbirth; Personal Development; Personality Issues; Pregnancy; PTSD; Redundancy; Relationship & Family Problems; Self-Harm; Separation & Divorce; Shame; Sleep Problems; Stress; Suicidal Thoughts; Trauma; Work Related Issues.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Psychophysiological disorders
Abuse, Dissociative Disorders, Personality Disorders, Trauma.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Studies in Counselling University of Liverpool 2001
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Analytic Therapy Sheffield Hallam University 2012
- MA in Counselling Studies (Distinction) University of Liverpool 2008
- Certificate in Person-Centred Art Therapy Skills Awarding Body Consortium 2004
- EMDR Levels I & II EMDR Institute 2007
- Diploma in Supervision Awarding Body Consortium 2007
- Mind & Body of Safer Trauma Training Babette Rothschild 2005
- Solution Focused Therapy BRIEF 2007
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy British Isles DBT Training 2013
- Transactional Analysis 101 Elan Training & Development 2008
- Foundation Course in Understanding & Working with Dissociation European Society for Trauma & Dissociation (ESTD) 2014
- Post-Foundation Course in Working Therapeutically with Complex Traumatic Dissociation European Society for Trauma & Dissociation (ESTD) 2015
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- EMDR Practitioner EMDR UK & Ireland 2016
- Accredited CAT Practitioner Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapy (ACAT) 2012
- Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists , 2012
Affiliations / memberships
- Online video sessions only (FaceTime, Whatsapp,...
- 11:30 - 18:00
- 07729 826361
- Online video sessions only (FaceTime, WhatsApp,...
- 11:30 - 18:00
- 07729 826361
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Counselling session - (>50)
Psychotherapy session - (5-50)