- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Nick Boyce Cam is a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon based at the South Cheshire Private Hospital. He is fellowship trained in managing conditions affecting both the knee and hip. His specialist interests including treating sports knee injuries, ACL reconstruction, and joint preserving procedures. He performs partial knee replacement, total knee replacement and total hip replacement.
Mr. Boyce Cam’s philosophy is to assess, and diagnose the cause of any symptoms before providing a tailored management plan. His approach, which incorporates a range of treatments including surgery, aims to restore function and address painful symptoms.
Areas of interest
Knee Arthroscopy (key hole surgery); ACL reconstruction; Unicompartmental knee replacement; Partial Knee Replacement; Total Knee Replacement; Total Hip Replacement; Knee Arthroplasty; Hip Arthroplasty; Osteoarthitis; Joint disorders; Lower limb disorders; Sports injuries; Joint pain; Rugby injuries; Running injuries; Tendonitis; Tendonopathy; Meniscal disease; Meniscal repair; Arthritis; Rheumatoid arthritis; Knee surgery; Inflammatory joint disorders; Revision surgery (orthopaedic); Degenerative knee disorders; Anterior knee pain; Football injuries; Knee pain; Lower limb trauma; Lower limb arthroplasty; Cartilage repair; Joint injection;
- Jane Brereton
- The Nuffield Health Grosvenor Hospital Wrexham Road Chester CH4 7QP
- 07542 116419
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Paul M Jameson Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Young adult knee problems
Improving outcomes in joint replacement surgery.
I enjoy the outdoors and have been involved in successful team sports including football and rugby both whilst at university and as a doctor. I also play racquet sports including squash and tennis and have recently taken up road cycling.
Honors in Surgery Finals, Leeds University Medical School (2000).
John Fitton Prize – Regional trainee award for best research project in Yorkshire (2011)
Honorary Tutor, Leeds University Medical School (2013-8)
Committed to the field of research and development with 8 publications, 7 international presentations, 8 national presentations and 3 regional presentations.
Courses offered to GPs
Update on knee injuries and arthritis.
The acutely painful knee.
Adult hip problems
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBChB) University of Leeds Medical School 2000
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2004
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons 2011
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor (2012) Royal College of Surgeons 2012
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education Warwick University 2014
- Knee Fellowship York Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (c/o Mr Gibbon) 2012
- Hip Fellowship Harrogate Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (c/o Mr Conroy) 2013
- Lower Limb Fellowship Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust 2014
Reference number 4716730
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of Completion of Higher Specialist Training (CCT) , 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
British Association of Knee Surgery
British Orthopaedic Association
Higher Education Academy
General Medical Council
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Primary total hip replacement +/- cement - (1-5)
Autograft anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction (including arthroscopic and meniscectomy) - (1-5)
Multiple arthroscopic operation on knee (including meniscectomy, chondroplasty, drilling or microfracture) - (1-5)