- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services
- Video and telephone consultations
I believe in the importance of the therapeutic relationship and its role in effective therapy. As a therapist, I use an empathic, non-judgmental, and warm therapeutic approach to create a safe environment for people to reflect on the difficulties that have brought them to therapy.
Ultimately, I support individuals in bringing meaningful change into their lives and increasing their life satisfaction. I value CPG's ethos of understanding and respecting people and their needs in a way that is supportive, considerate, and compassionate.
Catia has specialised experience in working with children and adolescents, and in working with young people and adults with autism spectrum disorders. Prior to joining CPG, Catia worked within the NHS and held a Senior Psychologist position at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Areas of interest
Catia has extensive experience of working with adults, couples, older adults, children, families, and individuals with learning disabilities. She is skilled in working with anxiety, panic, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), depression, anger, work-related stress, relationship difficulties, low self-esteem, and a lack of satisfaction in life.
She draws on a range of evidence-based therapies including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and other behavioural and mindfulness-based approaches.
Catia offers brief, time-limited therapy face-to-face and online, creating a safe space where she supports individuals to enhance their psychological and emotional resilience and bring meaningful change into their lives.
Adult attachment style
When I am not working, I spend quality time with my family, cooking seasonal food and playing with my girls. I also have a deep respect for art, photography and cinema.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Italian - Native or bilingual
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology UCL 2009
- ADI-R (Autism Diagnostic Interview - Revised) Great Ormand Street Hospital for Children 2014
- ADOS-2 (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule) Great Ormand Street Hospital for Children 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
The British Psychological Society (BPS)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (>50)