- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
Having worked in talking therapies since 2003, I offer Counselling, Psychotherapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for a wide range of clinical presentations.
I am accredited with the British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) and the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
I have been employed for the past 13 years by a charity in Belfast who specialise in offering therapy to those affected by Childhood sexual abuse and Sexual assault. I take referrals from GP's, local agencies, individuals and referrals from Bupa, Nuffield Health, CBT Clinics and Rehabworks. Alongside my private practice, I am employed in a locum role in an NHS Clinical Psychology & Psychological Therapies Service.
Areas of interest
Depression; Post Natal Depression; Anxiety; Social Anxiety; Panic Disorder; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD); Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD); Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); Anger; Low Self Esteem; Relationship difficulties; Work Related difficulties; Stress; EAP; Childhood sexual abuse; Sexual assault.
Going to the Gym
Spending time with family
Looking after my granddaughter
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Queens University, Belfast 2012
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Active Counselling & Training, Lisburn - CPCAB 2004
- Bsc (Honours) in Psychology (2.1) The Open University 2004
- Diploma in Combined Social & Behavioural Science University of Ulster 2002
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited Member British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) 2012
- Graduate Member British Psychological Society (BPS) 2019
- Accredited Membeer British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Accredited Member BABCP
Accredited Member BACP
Graduate Member BPS
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.