- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
I am a qualified psychotherapist with over 11 years post qualification experience. I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
I have experience working with all different kinds of people with all different problems including anxiety, stress, relationship problems, low mood, abuse, trauma, depression, stress, conflict, relationship problems, bereavement, chronic health conditions and death anxiety.
I have a lot of experience working with young adults and students.
I work confidentially with you to understand your difficulties and find solutions, helping you live a happier life.
Counselling gives you a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space. I support you to built resilience and manage emotional distress. This gives you strength in yourself and confidence to change, carry on and re-connect to your values and what you find important in your life.
I am interested in trauma and treating trauma. I have completed Part 1,2 & 3 of the Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) training. I am currently using EMDR with clients and have clinical supervision with an EMDR consultant.
EMDR is well researched and is recognised by the NHS as a treatment for trauma & PTSD. EMDR helps create connections in your brain's memory networks and this enables you to process the traumatic memory in a natural way.
I am skilled at working with clients to understand how their childhood experiences and relationships have impacted on their sense of self and how this may play out in current relationships and cause distress. This form of psychotherapy helps you to make changes and builds a more complete understanding of yourself and how you relate to others at work, home and socially.
I am resilient, warm and empathic. I am non-judgemental.
I work online and I am based in Leighton Buzzard and Eaton Bray, Bedfordshire.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; generalised anxiety disorder; panic attacks; stress; work based stress & conflict; trauma; childhood abuse; relationship problems; bereavement; low mood; depression; low self esteem; disordered eating; addictions; perfectionism; procrastination; negative thoughts; negative internal dialogue;
long-term health conditions; self-esteem; self-confidence; anger management; grief and loss; adapting to change; redundancy; retirement; life challenges.
I use relaxation techniques & Mindfulness. I help build emotional resilience. I can work with clients short term & long-term.
I'm interested in compassion focused therapy, psychodynamic therapy and person-centred therapy. I can integrate CBT and Transactional analysis into the counselling.
I work with young adults; adults; older adults;
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
Previously worked for Lea Vale Health as a counsellor for Talking Therapies in Liverpool Road Health Centre, Luton, Bedfordshire from October 2012 until March 2016.
Psychodynamic, Person-Centred & Compassion Focused therapy, CBT.
Relationships & attachments from childhood can affect our present day relationships. I'm interested in key life events & how we build up resources & resilience to help us when we experience difficulties such as a bereavement, abuse or stress. Through therapy, you can draw on your past to help you move on in the present. Noticing what has happened in your past gives you more chance of making changes to how you want to live now.
Courses offered to GPs
How EMDR can treat for example, trauma, phobias, addictions, pain management and complex grief.
How counselling can help with work-based stress, anxiety, long term medical conditions, unexplained pain, relationship problems, bereavement, crisis,trauma etc
Mindfulness -how practising Mindfulness can bring peace from ruminations, over worrying and can assist with focus and concentration.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (PgD) with Commendation. University of Hertfordshire 2007
- First Class Honours Degree in Psychology with English BSc (Hons Luton University 2002
- Certificate in Mediation Skills. Oxford Cambridge RSA Examinations 2010
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) Parts 1, 2 & 3. Richman EMDR Training 2019
- An Introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy Balanced Minds 2018
- Working with deliberate self-harm SDS In-House Ltd 2018
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Parts 1 Richman EMDR Training 2018
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Part 2 Richman EMDR Training 2019
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Part 3 Richman EMDR Training 2019
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Registered Member Accredited British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists , 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Affiliated counsellor with the following Employment Assistant Providers:
Work Place Options
- 18 High Street, Eaton Bray, Nr Dunstable, LU6 2DN
- 09:00 - 19:00
- 07960 090113
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 07960 090113
- St Judes Physiotherapy Clinic 26 Lake Street...
- 13:00 - 19:00
- 07960 090113
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: Ravencounselling
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Counselling session - (>50)
Psychotherapy session - (5-50)