- Fee assured
- Verified account
Miss Nneka Eze is a qualified Otolaryngologist with her NHS practice based at St George’s NHS Foundation Trust and Croydon University Hospital. She qualified from Imperial College in 1999 and completed her specialist ENT training in the South West Thames region. She has two highly prestigious advanced training fellowships, firstly in Otology and Hearing Implants from Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital and secondly in Paediatric Otolaryngology from Great Ormond Street Hospital for sick children.
Miss Eze has experience in all aspects of ear, nose and throat conditions in both adults and children, with specific interest in conditions of the ear and hearing and children’s ENT.
Commitment to research is demonstrated by her Otology research fellowship at Columbia University, New York for which she was awarded an MD. She has been awarded several prestigious research grants and has numerous peer-reviewed publications.
Miss Eze is married with two children; a boy and girl and lives in London.
Areas of interest
-EAR - glue ear; ear infections; cholesteatoma; perforated eardrum; Eustachian tube dysfunction; preauricular sinus; wax; acute otitis media; chronic otitis media; foreign body in ear.
-NOSE- nose bleeds; snoring; sleep apnoea; blocked nose; rhinitis; allergic rhinitis (hay fever); sinusitis; septal deviation; foreign body in nose.
-THROAT -tonsillitis; neck nodes; neck lumps; throat pain; hoarseness; tongue tie, halitosis; acid reflux; vocal cord nodules;catarrh.
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Mohan K Vellalapalayam Sathyamoorthy Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
St George's NHS Foundation Trust
Croydon University Hospital
Laser Doppler Vibrometry
Familiy time and baking
2014 Pauline Ashley Grant, Action on Hearing Loss
2005 TWJ Clinical and Research Fellowship
2005 Ronald Barber Award, RCS
2005 Royal Society of Medicine Training Scholarship
2005 Brighton Academic and Research Bursaries
2003 European Head and Neck Research Award, RSM
(Additional) Languages spoken
1. Labyrinthine sequestration secondary to auditory implantation: A report of two cases and literature review. Warner E, Eze N, Connor S, Jiang D. JLO
2. Nasal Dermoids in Children: A Proposal for a New Classification based on 103 cases at Great Ormond Street Hospital. Hartley B, Eze N. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology 2015Jan; 79(1):18-22.
3. Inner ear noise exposure whilst drilling a cochleostomy. Eze N, Jiang D, Fitzgerald O’Connor A. Acta Otolaryngol. 2014.
4. The atretic plate – a conduit for inner ear trauma. Eze N, Jiang D, Fitzgerald O’Connor A. Acta Otolaryngol. 2014 Jan;134(1):14-8.
5. De novo development and progression of endolymphatic sac tumour in von hippel-lindau disease: an observational study and literature review. Eze N, Huber, Schuknecht B. J Neurol Surg B Skull Base. 2013 Oct;74(5):259-65.
6. Systematic review of children with cochlear implants and learning difficulties. Eze N, Jiang D, Fitzgerald O’Connor A. Otol Neurotol. 2013 Oct;34(8):1385-93
7. The effect of angulation of the vibrating Floating Mass Transducer on stapes velocity. Otology Neurotology (2013). In Press. Eze N, Jiang D, Fitzgerald O’Connor A.
8. A Career in Otology and Auditory implantation. BMJ Careers (2013). Eze N, Jiang D.
9. Difficult airway in a child with severe dystonia. Eze N, Morrison GA. J Laryngol Otol. 2013 Apr;127(4): 438-9 .
10. Basilar Membrane Velocity in a Cochlea with a Modified Organ of Corti. Eze N, E. Olson. Biophysical Journal Volume 100 February 2011 858–867.
11. Dysphonia secondary to traumatic avulsion of the vocal cord in infants. Bray D, Cavalli L, Eze N, Hartley BEJ. Journal of Laryngology and Otology (2010), 124: 1229-1233.
12. Prospective, comparative, cohort study comparing the rhinogram, Sino-Nasal Outcome. Test-20 and Heath-Related Quality of Life questionnaire. Patel PM, Maskell S, Heywood R, Eze N, Hern J. J Laryngol Otol. 2010 Feb 1:1-8.
13. The difficulties of designing a psychometric test to aid in the selection of future surgical trainees. Thong JF, Lo S, Eze N, Moore-Gillon V. Clin Otolaryngol. 2007 Oct;32(5):409-10.
14. Chaperones in ENT out-patients; the patients' perspective. Ching H Y, Eze N, Moore-Gillon. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2007 Jul;121(7):684-6.
15. Laser inferior turbinectomy under local anaesthetic: a well tolerated out-patient procedure. Maskell S, Eze N, Patel P, Hosni A. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2007 Oct;121(10):957-61.
Courses offered to GPs
When to refer the ENT patient
Snoring and sleep apnoea
Post operative infection <1%
Patient satisfaction >99%
- BSc (Hons) University of London 1996
- MBBS Imperial College 1999
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons 2002
- DO-HNS Royal College of Surgeons 2003
- MD University of London 2009
- FRCS (ORL-HNS) Royal College of Surgeons 2011
- Paediatric ENT Fellowship Great Ormond Street Hospital 2014
- Otology and Hearing Implant Fellowship Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital 2013
- Specialist Registrar Training London 2012
Reference number 4649298
Details of entry to specialist register
- Nwaneka Eze , 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons
British Medical Association
British Association of Paediatric Otolaryngologists
British Cochlear Implant Group
Royal Society of Medicine
Medical Protection Society
- BMI Blackheath Hospital
- 14:30 - 16:30
- 020 8297 4620
- BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital, CR9 8AB
- 08:30 - 12:00
- 020 8655 5500
- BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital, CR9 8AB
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 020 8655 5500
- The Portland Hospital for Women and Children
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 020 7935 0646
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Miss Nneka Eze
020 7935 0646
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Fibre optic examination of the pharynx +/- biopsy/removal of foreign body - (5-50)
Myringotomy and insertion of tube through tympanic membrane (and bilateral) - (5-50)
Suction clearance of middle ear (as sole procedure) - (1-5)
Aural toilet (including microsuction and/or suction of exteriorised mastoid cavity) including bilateral - (1-5)
FESS: excision uncinate process and anterior ethmoid bulla, antrostomy/antral puncture, simple polypectomy and attention to turbinates (bilateral) - (1-5)
Shirley Oaks Hospital (1-5)
- Show All (8 )...