- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services
I am a Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years experience of working with psychological difficulties. Since qualifying as Clinical Psychologist in 2003 I have worked in a variety of NHS settings, supporting adults and adolescents in managing common mental health problems as well as working with long-term physical illness.
I am trained in a range of psychological therapy approaches including CBT, Systemic and Psychodynamic therapy, but tend to work using primarily CBT, drawing on other approaches where appropriate. I also incorporate Mindfulness based theory and practice and Compassion-focussed therapy ideas into my work.
Areas of interest
Stress; Anxiety; Depression; Sleep Problems; Relationship Difficulties; Self-esteem; Bereavement; Long-term Health Conditions; Adjustment; Behaviour Change
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- BA (Hons) Psychology University of Exeter 1995
- MA (Ed) Guidance and Counselling University of Durham 1996
- Degree of Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) Psych.D, C.Psychol Salomons: South Thames Clinical Training (Canterbury Christchurch University) 2003
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society (BPS)
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (>50)