- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
I have been involved in Psychology and Mental Health for 41 years. During that time I have used a variety of Psychotherapeutic methods to treat emotional difficulties as follows; Behaviourism / Psychoanalysis / Gestalt Group Work / Counselling / Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). In keeping with the vast amounts of published research, I have found the CBT to be very much more effective in treating emotional difficulties. Particularly, I find that it can target very specific problems for individuals. In recent years I have developed a particular interest in the Anxiety disorders to include Panic Disorder, Generalised Anxiety Disorder and also PTSD.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Depression; Generalised Stress; Panic; Phobias; General Anxiety Disorder; PTSD; OCD; Agoraphobia; Psychosomatic Disorders.
Treatments available for:
- General Adult Population, from age 16 and up
- Over 65 population.
- Addictive behaviours.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Psychiatric Laison Practitioner (Antrim Area Hospital); - Northern Trust.
Mindfulness for Racing Thoughts.
Ganeral Anxiety Disorder
Reading / Family / Voluntary community work.
Specialist Practitioner in CBT - Nursing and Midwifery Council (2009).
- Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Development (Nursing). Ulster University 1989
- M.Sc. Professional Development (Counselling). Ulster University. 2003
- Specialist Practitioner in CBT Nursing and Midwifery Council 2009
- Registered Mental Nurse Nursing and Midwifery Council 1987
- Post Graduate Certificate in Forensic Nursing Royal College of Nursing 1999
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- RMN NMC 1987
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Practitioner (CBT). , 2009
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Behavioural and Counselling Psychotherapists.
Royal College of Nursing.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
In the event of an emergency please contact:
Tel 07854 094466.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (1-5)