- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
Areas of interest
- Headache conditions – migraine; hemiplegic migraine; cluster headache; SUNCT syndrome; hemicrania continua; trigeminal neuralgia; trigeminal neuropathy; facial pain disorders and post-traumatic headaches;
- Pain in neurological disorders;
- Trigeminal and occipital nerves blocks
- Botulinum toxin injections for the management of chronic headaches
- Acupuncture for migraine management
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (sTMS), vagus nerve stimulation (Gammacore) and Sopraorbital nerve stimulation (Cefaly) for headaches management.
- invasive neurostimulation approaches for the management of refractory primary headache disorders.
- Hayley Mottram/Michelle Smith
- London Bridge Hospital 27 Tooley Street London SE1 2PR
- 020 7516 1782
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Neurologist with an interest in Headache.
Management and pathophysiology of primary headache and facial pain disorders.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Italian - Native or bilingual
- Greek, Modern - Conversational
Emerging drugs for migraine treatment: an update. Lambru G, Andreou AP, Guglielmetti M, Martelletti P. Expert Opin Emerg Drugs. 2018.
Prospective real-world analysis of OnabotulinumtoxinA in chronic migraine post-National Institute for Health and Care Excellence UK technology appraisal. Andreou AP, Trimboli M, Al-Kaisy A, Murphy M, Palmisani S, Fenech C, Smith T, Lambru G.
Non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation for the management of refractory primary chronic headaches: A real-world experience. Trimboli M, Al-Kaisy A, Andreou AP, Murphy M, Lambru G. Cephalalgia. 2018 Jun;38(7):1276-1285.Eur J Neurol. 2018 Aug;25(8):1069-e83.
Lambru G, Trimboli M, Palmisani S, Smith T, Al-Kaisy A. Safety and efficacy of cervical 10 kHz spinal cord stimulation in chronic refractory primary headaches: a retrospective case series. J Headache Pain. 2016 Dec;17(1):66.
Lambru G, Matharu MS. SUNCT, SUNA and trigeminal neuralgia: different disorders or variants of the same disorder? Curr Opin Neurol. 2014 Jun;27(3):325-31
Lambru G, Shanahan P, Watkins L, Matharu MS. Occipital Nerve Stimulation in the Treatment of Medically Intractable SUNCT and SUNA. Pain Physician. 2014 Jan-Feb;17(1):29-41.
Lambru G, Abu Bakar N, Stahlhut L, McCulloch S, Miller S, Shanahan P, Matharu MS. Greater occipital nerve blocks in chronic cluster headache: a prospective open-label study. Eur J Neurol 2013. Dec 7.
Reference number 7061645
Affiliations / memberships
• General Medical Council. Full membership. Reg. Number: 7061645
• Medical Defence Union. Membership number: 643612I
• Ordine dei Medici Chirurghi e Odontoiatri di Parma (Italy). Number: 6065 (Italian professional body)
• Association of British Neurologists (ABN): membership number: 1963
• British Association of the study of Headache (BASH)
• Italian Headache Society (ANIRCEF)
• Anglo Dutch Migraine Association (ADMA)
- The ShardHCA Healthcare UKOutpatients &...
- 09:30 - 20:00
- 07871 491702