- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Surgical lacrimal
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Sagili is a general ophthalmologist and oculoplastic surgeon. He has experience in the management of a wide range of general ophthalmic conditions including cataract surgery and eyelid pathology.
Mr Sagili’s specialist procedures include cataract surgery, ptosis correction, ectropion, entropion, periocular tumour excision, eyelid reconstruction with flaps, skin grafts and lacrimal surgery including external and endoscopic DCR, YAG laser capsulotomy.
He has a special interest in the management of thyroid eye disease and the management of orbital pathology.
Mr Sagili trained as an eye specialist in the East of England and completed his training in Cambridge.
He undertook fellowship training in oculoplastics at the Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead and worked as a locum consultant oculoplastic surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital in St George’s Hospital, London.
Mr Sagili is also involved in the training of junior colleagues at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and runs an annual cadaver dissection training course for junior doctors at Keele University.
Mr Sagili is clinical director for the department of ophthalmology at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; Ptosis (droopy eyelids); Chalazion; blepharoplasty; ectropion; entropion; eyelid skin cancer excision; eyelid reconstruction; Watery eyes; External DCR; Endoscopic DCR; YAG laser capsulotomy
- Suresh Sagili
- Nuffield Health Shrewsbury Hospital Longden Road SHREWSBURY SY3 9DP
- 01743 282505
- 01743 247575
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist & Oculoplastic Surgeon at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Clinical Director Ophthalmology ay Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
My research interest is in oculoplastic surgery.
Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital Winter Hero award 2015.
Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital Superhero award 2015.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Telugu - Fluent
1. Anterior approach levatorpexy for correction of congenital ptosis. Canadian Journal Ophthal 2020.
2. Lower eyelid retractor (white-line) advancement to correct tarsal ectropion. Canadian Journal Ophthal 2019.
3. Anterior Approach White-Line Advancement: A Hybrid Technique for Ptosis Correction. Sagili S. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015
4. En-face frozen section excision of periocular basal cell carcinoma. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2012.
5. Lacrimal sac mucocele. Br J Ophthalmol. 2013
6. Book Chapter: Orbital exenteration: Clinical Ophthalmic Oncology: Second Edition
7. Outcomes of posterior-approach ‘levatorpexy’ in congenital ptosis repair. Br J Ophthalmol 2014
Courses offered to GPs
Shropshire Local Optical Committee 2016
Shropshire Local Optical Committee 2015
Learning event for GPs 2015
Teaching Shropdoc GPs 2014
Oculoplastic cadaver dissection course for trainee doctors at Keele University
- MBBS University of Health Sciences 1999
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologist, London 2012
Reference number 6059082
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
British Oculoplastic Surgery Society
European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery
Midland Ophthalmological Society
British Medical Association
- Nuffield Health Shrewsbury Hospital, SY3 9DP
- 13:30 - 17:30
- 01743 282505
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Ultrasound phacoemulsification of cataract, with lens implant - unilateral (including topical or local anaesthetic) - (1-5)
Ophthalmic local anaesthetic injection administered by operator - (1-5)
Fluorescein angiography of eye (including ocular photography) - (1-5)
Probing of nasolacrimal system +/- syringing and/or irrigation - (1-5)
Biopsy of lesion of eyelid - (1-5)
- Show All (10 )...