- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Applied Relaxation
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
Working with clients since 1987, I provide evidence based therapy and integrative therapy over a short number of sessions. Integrative therapy means using a number of different styles of therapy, in my case, CBT (Cognitive behavioural therapy), REBT (Rational Emotive behaviour therapy); evidence based Hypnotherapy, Person Centred Counselling and other styles to build a treatment plan that is individual to you.
Areas of interest
depression; anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, fear of flying; fear of travelling; public speaking nerves; performance anxiety; presentation nerves; dental nerves; fear of medical procedures, cancer care; habit cessation; stop smoking; stop drinking; eating issues; generalised anxiety disorder; obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), stress
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Pain management
A particular interest in Hypnosis research - in particular, the evidence-based socio-cognitive approach (Barber, Kirsch, Lynn) using hypnosis with evidence based psychotherapy tools.
Movies, travel, the arts
J P Noble award for best dissertation entitled 'An investigation into psychological links to physical disease and the role hypnosis can play in identification, relief or prevention
Book "Get Past Driving Test Nerves" (Summersdale)
Book "Get Past Exam Nerves" (Summersdale)
Courses offered to GPs
I am happy to provide seminars and talks to GPs.
I am Head of Counselling for Chrysalis Not For Profit Limited, and a senior tutor for the Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
I have also taught a BPS approved CPD course in Evidence-based Hypnotherapy, and run Assertiveness Training workshops.
I have taught therapy for over 14 years to mature students, both face to face and online.
I am particularly happy to explain the process of hypnotherapy or psychotherapy to GPs.
- Masters of Research (MRes) Psychology University of Hull 2014
- BSc (Hons) Degree Social Psychology London School of Economics (University of London) 1983
- Certificate Hypnosis and Psychotherapy National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy 1987
- Diploma Hypnosis and Psychotherapy National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy 2002
- Advanced Diploma Hypnosis and Psychotherapy National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy 2006
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Cancer Care Holistic Resources 2007
- Cognitive Behavioural therapy UK College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy 2011
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellowship National Hypnotherapy Society 2018
- Membership British Psychological Society 2011
- Supervisor Accreditation UKCP 2011
- Accreditation UKCP 2006
- membership British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis 2019
Affiliations / memberships
United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
British Psychological Society
National Council for Hypnotherapy
National Register of Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists
Register of Evidence-based Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
National Counselling Society
National Hypnotherapy Society
British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis
- 1 Harley Street LONDON W1G 9QD
- 11:00 - 19:00
- 07806 642434
- York Clinic York Clinic For Integrated...
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 07806 642434
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychotherapy session - (>50)