- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
As a Chartered Counselling Psychologist, I have many years' experience of seeing people with mental health problems including depression, anxiety, work and relationship problems and bereavement. I offer treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder and social anxiety.
I have worked for the NHS, in mental health services, for over twenty five years. I have also worked in G.P. practices and in private practice. I am based in Billericay.
Areas of interest
I work with adults to provide treatment/counselling for a range of difficulties. These may include anxiety and depression; relationship or work related problems; PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder); bereavement and the adjustments required following the physical effects of trauma.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Physical disability
Keeping updated on relevant published findings with regard to all areas of clinical practice particularly regarding CBT.
Family and friends
Chapter entitled Psychological Perspectives in 'Chronic Pain Management' by Carol Banks (Whurr Publishing for Professionals).
Many clients report an improvement in their mood and their ability to manage anxiety and low mood more effectively following treatment. Clients also tell me that being able to confide in someone removed from their immediate family and friends can help them, through gaining an ability to see situations differently, which enables them to achieve a new perspective.
- M.Sc Counselling Psychology (Distinction) University of East London 1996
- Post Graduate Diploma Integrative Counselling University of East London 1994
- Doctorate in Psychology City University 2010
- Advanced M.Sc Counselling Psychology University of East London 2004
- B.Sc Psychology (2.1 Honours) The Open University 2000
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Dr Ruth Clark British Psychological Society 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Health and Care Professions Council (HPCP) , 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Chartered Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
Chartered Psychologist BPS.
- 4 Pilgrims Close Billericay CM11 2BA
- 12:30 - 15:00
- 07956 217890
- 4 Pilgrims Close BillericayCM11 2BA
- 10:00 - 16:30
- 07956 217890
- Remote sessions
- 11:00 - 12:00
- 07956 217890
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (>50)
Psychology session - remote - (5-50)