- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Not in Open Referral network
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Video and telephone consultations
I completed specialist registrar training in the North West of England. Following a two year period of research into gastric cancer, I was awarded the Doctorate of Medicine (MD) degree (University of Liverpool).I subsequently trained in advanced diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic techniques (including image enhanced endoscopy, colonoscopy and ERCP) as an advanced endoscopy fellow in the professorial unit at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital. I commenced as a Consultant Gastroenterologist at Blackpool Teaching Hospital in 2012 (having previously worked here as a registrar). I was the lead clinician for Inflammatory Bowel Disease at the trust until 2018 having since taken on the role of Endoscopy Lead and Head of department of Gastroenterology at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
In addition to general gastroenterology, my specialist interests include endoscopy, dyspepsia management, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease and diseases of the liver and pancreas. Iam a certified endoscopy trainer and actively pursue clinical research.
Iam an accredited national bowel cancer screening colonoscopist.
Areas of interest
Dyspepsia, Inflammatory bowel disease, liver and pancreatic disease, Endoscopy including colonoscopy and ERCP, IBS, Clinical research and teaching and endoscopy training.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gastroenterologist, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Blackpool.
Inflammatory Bowel disease
Gastric and colonic cancer
1. American journal of Physiology Gastroenterology and Liver Physiology. 2015;July 15:309(2):G78-86.
2.Frontline Gastroenterology 2013; 4:73-81.
3. American journal of Physiology Gastroenterology and Liver Physiology.2013;May 1: 304(9):G814-22.
4. European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2013 Apr; 25(4): 474-81.
5. American journal of Physiology. Gastroenterology and Liver Physiology. 2011 Sep; 301(3):G446-53.
6. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2009; May 15; 2 9(10):1055-68. (One of top 40 articles downloaded from the journal in 2009!)
7.Endoscopy; 2006; 38(8):773-8.
8.Gastroenterology Today 2007; 17(1).
9.Br J Ophthalmol. 2005; Mar; 89(3):385.
10.Diabetic Medicine 2003; 20, 455-461.
Courses offered to GPs
Have regularly given updates to local GP practices.
- MBBS Chennai, India 2000
- MRCP RCP (UK) 2004
- MD University of Liverpool 2013
Reference number 5207168
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT Gastroenterology and GIM , 2011
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Gastroenterology
Royal College of Physicians
British Medical Association
- St. Walburgas Road BLACKPOOL FY3 8BP
- 10:30 - 12:30
- 01253 315868
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
IV sedation administered by operator - (5-50)
Spire Fylde Coast Hospital (5-50)
Diagnostic oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (OGD) includes forceps biopsy, biopsy urease test and dye spray - (5-50)
Spire Fylde Coast Hospital (5-50)
Diagnostic colonoscopy, includes forceps biopsy of colon and ileum - (1-5)
Diagnostic flexible sigmoidoscopy (including forceps biopsy and proctoscopy) - (1-5)