- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Chest radiology
- Gastrointestinal/hepatobiliary radiology
- General ultrasound
- Interventional radiology
- Non-vascular interventional radiology
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a consultant radiologist with a special interest in Vascular and Non vascular intervention radiology.
I completed by basic surgical training in 2006 in the Northern Ireland Basic Surgical Rotation.
I moved to South Wales to undertake radiology training in the South Wales Radiology Training Scheme. I undertook training in all aspects of radiology and developed a special interest in intervention radiology.
To further gain and improve my intervention skills I did a year of fellowship at the Royal Free Hospital in London.
I have been working as a consultant in Radiology at the Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport since 2012.
Areas of interest
Intervention radiology; biopsy; fibroid embolization; angioplasty; vascular stent; lung tumour ablation; ultrasound; CT scan; CT angiogram; CT coronary angiogram;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Diagnostic and Intervention Radiologist
Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport NP20 2UB
Improvement in patient experience
Percutaneous lung ablation
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Fluent
• Thomas WR, Hamil J, Goyal N (2018, Apr 26). Urachal Carcinoma: A rare tumour with specific imaging characteristics on CT. http://www.eurorad.org/case.php?id=15670 DOI: 10.1594/EURORAD/CASE.15670
• Thomas WR, Chick C, Goyal N. Use of a Re-entry Device in Left Subclavian Occlusion: Case Series. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2018 Jan;41(1):177-181.
• G. K. Ambler, A. L. Stimpson, B. G. Wardle, D. C. Bosanquet, U. K. Hanif, S. Germain, C. Chick, N. Goyal, C. P. Twine. Infrapopliteal angioplasty using a combined angiosomal reperfusion strategy. PLoS One. 2017; 12(2): e0172023.
• N. Jain, N. Goyal, K. Mukherjee, S. Kamath. Ultrasound of the abdominal wall: What lies beneath? Clin Radiol. 2013 Jan;68(1):85-93
• Goyal N, Floyd (jnr) M St J, Agarwal SK, De Bolla AR. Sonographic findings of testicular prosthesis rupture: A case report. Clinical Radiol 2011 Apr ;66 (4):383-4 (PMID 21356399)
• Goyal N, Rachapalli V, Lloyd DL, Burns H. Cervical Spine Imaging in Trauma: Does the Use of Grid and Filter Combination Improve Visualisation of the Cervicothoracic Junction? Radiography 2011 Feb; 17 (1): 39-42
• Goyal N, Jain N, Rachapalli V, Cochlin DL, Robinson M. Non Invasive Evaluation of Liver Cirrhosis using Ultrasound. Clin Radiol, 2009; 64 (11), 1056-66. (PMID: 19822238)
• Goyal N, Jain N, Rachapalli V. Ergonomics in Radiology. Clinical Radiol, 2009; 64 (2), 119 – 26 (PMID: 19103340)
• Goyal N, Narlawar R. Kyphosis: A rare cause of Dysphagia. Age Ageing.2005; 34: 521-522. (PMID: 16107461)
• Rachapalli V, Goyal N, Bartley L, Facey P, Rees J. Role of labeled white cell scintigraphy with SPECT/CT in crohn disease. Clin Nuc Med, 2009; 34(12):902-905 (PMID: 20139828)
• Rachapalli V, Goyal N, Smith R, Hourihan MD. Adult resuscitation: Are we up to date? A study of staff resuscitation skills in the radiology department of a tertiary referral centre. Br J Radiol, 2009; 82: 645-648. (PMID: 19188243)
• Kamath S, Jain N, Goyal N, Mansour R, Mukherjee K. Incidental findings on MRI of the spine. Clin Radiol. 2009 Apr;64(4):353-61. (PMID: 19264178)
• Zachariah S, Michael ALR, Goyal N, Elliot J. Compartment syndrome of lower arm after plating of the humerus—A case report and literature review. Injury Extra. 2006; 37 (4): 143-144
• Goyal N, Adams H, Bleehen RE, Crane MD. An incidental finding on lumbar spine radiographs. Accepted for publication as the RCR case of the month
- MBBS Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla, India 2002
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons 2006
- FRCR Royal College of Radiologists 2009
Reference number 6051281
- Harding AvenueMalpasNEWPORTNP20 6ZE
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01633 820301
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Peripherally inserted central venous catheters (PICCs) under x-ray guidance - (5-50)
St Joseph's Private Hospital (5-50)
Insertion of implantable central venous port (portacath) e.g Port-a-Cath under image guidance - (5-50)
St Joseph's Private Hospital (5-50)
Removal of Portacath/Port-a-Cath/Vasoport Unit - (1-5)
Ultrasound guided biopsy(ies) - (1-5)