- Fee assured
- Verified account
I am a cognitive behavioural therapist and supervisor with many years of experience in working with people with psychological, mental health and substance use difficulties. I am accredited as a therapist and supervisor by the BABCP (British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy).
I have seen large numbers of people make changes in their lives and overcome difficulties with the help of cognitive behaviour therapy which continues to fuel my enthusiasm for this approach. In order to enhance cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) I also integrate compassion focused therapy elements in my work.
Furthermore, I am a qualified EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) practitioner.
Please note that I offer CBT to adults over the age of 18 only.
Alongside my private CBT practice I work in the NHS in a senior clinical and supervisory position.
Areas of interest
Anxiety disorders including panic, agoraphobia and other phobias; Social anxiety; Health anxiety; Generalised anxiety disorder (worry problems); Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD); Post-traumatic stress (PTSD); Depression; Low self-esteem and confidence; Body Image Problems; Eating difficulties; Difficulties with alcohol or drug use. Anxiety and depression in the context of long term physical health problems.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
Current NHS consultant posts held
Aside from offering therapy in private practice I am employed in the NHS as a senior psychological therapist and supervisor in West Sussex. I have experience of working with people with a vast range of problems, some of those of a very complex nature.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- German - Native or bilingual
- Diploma in Cognitive Therapy Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre/Oxford University 2004
- Diploma in Drug Dependence Maudsley Regional Drug Training Unit 1996
- Diploma in Mental Health Nursing College of Psychiatric Nursing Vienna 1988
- Diploma in Social Work Academy of Social Work Vienna and University of Hull 1994
- Part 1, 2 and 3 EMDR Training AR Richman EMDR Training 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - remote - (>50)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (5-50)