- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Benign Prostate disorders
- Urinary tract stones
Sami has been trained at St Georges’ Hospital Medical School in London. He completed his basic surgical training in Yorkshire. Having a curious mind and an academic interest, he undertook a research fellowship at the Bristol Urological Institute with world experts in the field of lower urinary dysfunction, incontinence and urodynamics. Sami has gained broad experience in General Urology by joining the Southwest of England Specialist Registrar higher surgical training program.
Sami was then appointed as a clinical instructor in Urology in the United State of America (USA). During a busy year at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre, Cleveland Clinic and the Arthur Smith Institute of Urology in New York, he developed special expertise in all aspects of Endourology treating all types of urinary stones (with laser, keyhole surgery and shockwave lithotripsy) as well as endoscopic treatment of upper tract urothelial kidney cancer. He was also trained in advanced urology techniques including laparoscopic and robotic surgery to treat kidney and prostate cancer. Sami had formal training as an expert witness. He has admitting rights to the Sprie Cambridge Lea, Cambridge Nuffield and Melberry Huntington hospitals.
Being organised and a team player led Sami to take on several management and leadership roles. He is currently the UK board member for the International Young Urologist Association (IYUA), the local champion of the British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS) for Cambridge University
Sami has acted as the UK trainees’ representative on the board of the European Society of Residents in Urology (ESRU) as well as the Senior Urology Registrars Group (SURG) representative on the Andrology executive committee for BAUS, a member of the International Continence Society Ethics Committee and a trainees’ representative for the British Medical Association (BMA)
In his practice, Sami focuses on safe patients’ journey and ensures that high quality healthcare remains his main priority at all times. He believes that treatment should be individualized and tailored to patient’s preference in the context of up to date scientific evidence
Areas of interest
- Endourology: treatment of kidney, ureter and bladder stones (with laser, keyhole surgery and shockwave lithotripsy)
- Upper tract urethelial (kidney) cancer
- Lower urinary tract disorders, bladder and prostate problems, prostate surgery (UROLIFT, REZUM, LASER and standard TURP surgery
- Pelvic bladder pain, testicular pain and chronic prostatitis
- Sexual erectile dysfunction
- Recurrent urinary tract infections (cystitis)
- Advanced minimally-invasive urology including robotic surgery
- Haematuria investigations, abnormal PSA (prostate cancer)
- General urology: circumcision, scrotal swellings
- Rachel Reeder
- Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital 30 New Road Impington Cambridge CB24 9EL
- 01223 266990
- 07305 391556
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Urologist at Addenbrookes' Hospital
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
Sami’s two-year research fellowship at the Bristol Urological Institute and in the USA led to several publications. He was awarded the Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from London University for his thesis relating to lower urinary tract (LUTS) and urodynamics.
He was also involved in projects related to prostate and kidney cancer, kidney stones and other urological topics
Travelling, cycling and team sport
Sami's hard work was recognized with numerous prizes and awards. As an acknowledgement of his achievements, he was included in the 5th and 6th editions of “Marquis Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare” and was nominated for “The Man of the Year in Medicine and Healthcare” in 2010.
Sami has contributed to literature with a number of book chapters and published several articles relating to kidney stones, bladder and prostate cancer in addition to bladder and prostate urinary symptoms. He acts as a reviewer for several medical journals.
Courses offered to GPs
Sami enjoys training future doctors and urologists. He is currently the lead for Cambridge University medical students. He contributes, as a faculty, to training courses for national and international residents and established young urologists. He has been invited as an expert speaker to local, national and international meetings.
Sami is happy to offer talks and seminars for GPs and other healthcare professionals on their request
- FRCS (Urol) Intercollegiate Speciality Board in Urology 2010
- MRCS ad eundem The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2010
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) Research Degree. University of London 2009
- ECFMG. USA United State Medical Licensing 2005
- Postgraduate Certificate in Health Research (Merit). Leeds University 2003
- CCBST The Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland 2003
- MRCS Ed. The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2002
- LMSSA (Lond), LRCP (Lond), LRCS (Eng) London University 1999
Reference number 4588852
Affiliations / memberships
• British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS)
• European Association of Urology (EAU)
• American Urological Association (AUA)
• Royal College of Surgeons of England
• General Medical Council (GMC)
• Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of State, Board of Medicine
• International Young Urologists Association (IYUA)
• Medical Defence Union (MDU)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Diagnostic endoscopic examination of bladder (flexible cystoscopy) including any biopsy - (5-50)
Endoscopic retrograde pyelography (including bilateral and cystoscopy) - (1-5)
Endoscopic insertion/removal of prosthesis into ureter (including bilateral and cystoscopy, +/- pyelography) - (1-5)
Endoscopic fragmentation of calculi of kidney (including cystoscopy and insertion/removal of stent) - (1-5)
Circumcision - (1-5)
- Show All (9 )...