- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health services
Taking the initial steps to see a psychologist can feel quite daunting. I would like to tell you a little bit about myself and the work I do, so you have a better idea of what I may be able to help you with.
I am an experienced consultant clinical psychologist with almost 20 years post-qualification experience. I am chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and registered with the Health Care and Professions Council (HCPC). I am also an EMDR Europe accredited consultant and clinical supervisor and a member of the EMDR UK & Ireland Association. I work in the National Health Service (NHS) and also in private practice. I specialise in the assessment and treatment of a wide range of psychological difficulties.
I offer a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space where you feel listened to. I will help you to gain an understanding of your difficulties that considers the impact of past experiences on your present functioning, and help you address these issues using a wide range of evidence-based therapeutic techniques, integrating your own strengths and coping strategies into this work as well.
I primarily use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), but also draw upon other psychological treatment models such as Compassion Focused Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Mindfulness. In my therapeutic work, I like to integrate a range of therapeutic models tailored to meet each person’s unique needs.
I offer short-term and medium-term therapy to young people and adults. Therapy sessions are 50 minutes long, and typically occur on a weekly basis. If you would like to know more about the way I work and whether we would be a good fit, we could have an initial chat over the phone about your hopes for therapy and how I may be able to help.
Areas of interest
Trauma; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); birth trauma; sexual assault.
Anxiety related difficulties including panic, generalised anxiety, worry and stress, social anxiety;
Depression and low mood; low self-esteem, shame, guilt;
Adjustment difficulties; Bereavement and loss; Psychosexual difficulties; Relationship difficulties.
Occupational/work stress; bullying
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Gynaecological disorders
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
King's College NHS Foundation Trust (04/2013-Present)
Depression and Anxiety
Shame, guilt and self-blame
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Portuguese - Native or bilingual
- Spanish - Fluent
- Doctor of Psychology PsyD Teesside University 2020
- EMDR Europe Accredited Clinical Supervisor/Consultant EMDR UK Association 2018
- EMDR Europe facilitator EMDR Europe 2022
- Licenciatura in Psychology- clinical and health psychology University of Minho 2003
- Statement of Equivalence in Clinical Psychology The British Psychological Society 2008
Details of entry to specialist register
- EMDR Europe Accredited Practitioner , 2013
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) , 2009
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society , 2013
Affiliations / memberships
Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC);
The British Psychological Society, Division of Clinical Psychology, Faculty for HIV & Sexual Health; Crisis, Disaster and Trauma Psychology Section;
EMDR Trauma Response Network
EMDR Association UK & Ireland
Ordem dos Psicologos Portugueses
- 2 St Mark's Place, Wimbledon SW19 7ND
- 09:00 - 18:30
- 07800 647701
- 45 Central Street LONDON EC1V 8AB
- 17:30 - 20:30
- 07800 647701
- 45 Central StreetLONDONEC1V 8AB
- 17:30 - 19:30
- 07800 647701
- 09:00 - 19:00
- 07800 647701
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychology session - (5-50)