- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
- Head & neck oncology
- Video and telephone consultations
Frank Agada MBBS, DLO, FRCS Ed (Surg. Gen), FRCS Ed (ORL-HNS)
ENT, Head and Neck Surgeon
Mr Agada is currently a Consultant Otolaryngologist, Head and Neck Surgeon at York Teaching Hospital York and Honorary Consultant to the Harrogate District Hospital.
He has practising privilege at both The Nuffield York and The Duchy Hospital Harrogate to see patients privately.
Mr Agada holds an MBBS degree from Zaria and subsequently completed a higher surgical training between 2004 and 2010 in Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery in the Yorkshire Deanery.
Mr Agada undertook a travelling fellowship to John Hopkins, Baltimore USA, and New York Hospitals in Head and Neck Surgery.
Mr Agada is currently a Member of the advisory committee at The Duchy Hospital.
He is committed to training the next generation of the specialist. He is the College Tutor for ENT, in York and since 2012 has been a faculty member at the FRSCS Bradford Course.
Mr Agada has over 35 peer-review publications and has written chapters in four textbooks. He has an interest in Charity work and sits on the board of Hope Aid Organisation.
Areas of interest
Adults and Paediatrics: Head and Neck Lumps; Thyroid Swellings; Parathyroid; Salivary gland lumps; Swallowing; Feeling of Lump in the throat and Change in Voice; tonsillectomy; adenoidectomy; grommets for glue ear, cautery for nosebleeds/ epistaxis; Sinusitis; Sinus surgery; blocked nose; deviated septum; polyps and septal perforation; Snoring; Hearing Loss; Noise in the Ears, tinnitus; dizziness.
- Jennifer Pearson
- BMI The Duchy Hospital Queens Road Harrogate HG2 0HF
- 01423 567136
- 07376 092131
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Otolaryngologist, Head and Neck Surgeon at York Teaching Hospital York and Honorary Consultant to the Harrogate District Hospital
Head and Neck Cance, Thyroid and Parathyroid
Football, and Charity work
1. The role of cross-sectional imaging in suspected nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
Shayah A, Wickstone L, Kershaw E, Agada F.
Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2019 May;101(5):325-327.
2. Risk of asphyxiation from Vernagel ingestion.
Wickstone L, Shayah A, Agada F.
Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2018 Sep;100(7):e176-e177.
3. Is malignant otitis externa on the increase? A retrospective review of cases.
Bhasker D, Hartley A, Agada F.
Ear Nose Throat J. 2017 Feb;96(2):E1-E5.
4. Posterior orbital cellulitis: case report and literature review.
Allan K, Atkinson H, Agada F.
J Laryngol Otol. 2013 Nov;127(11):1148-51.
5. Dissemination of ear, nose, and throat information for GPs in a departmental website.
Tsikoudas A, Stone A, Agada F, Fraser N.
Br J Gen Pract. 2013 Apr;63(609):184. No abstract available.
6. Deep lobe parotid pleomorphic adenoma presenting as obstructive sleep apnoea.
Mulla O, Agada F, Dawson D, Sood S.
BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Apr 3;2013.
7. The implementation of World Health Organisation norms for safer surgery in an ENT department: single centre experience.
Phillips H, Chamnanrabiabkij E, Manapragada S, Yelakala H, Agada FO, Verma S, Woodhead C
The Online Journal of Clinical Audits. 2011 ; Vol 3(2). May 2011.
8. Serum IL10 and circulating CD4+CD25high regulatory T cell numbers as predictors of clinical outcome and survival in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patients
O Alhamarneh, F Agada, L Madden, Nicholas Stafford, John Greenman
Head Neck. 2011 Mar; 33(3):415-23
9. Genetic profile of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: clinical implications.
Agada FO, Patmore H, Alhamarneh O, Stafford ND, Greenman J.
J Laryngol Otol. 2009 Mar; 123(3): 266-72. Review.
10 Immunotherapy in head and neck cancer: current practice and future possibilities. Agada FO, Alhamarneh O, Stafford ND, Greenman J.
J Laryngol Otol. 2009 Jan; 123(1): 19-28. Review
11. Head and neck tumour immunology: basic concepts and new clinical implications.
Topping KP, Fletcher L, Agada FO, Alhamarneh O, Stafford ND, Greenman J.
J Laryngol Otol. 2009 Jan; 123(1): 9-18. Review.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://baets.e-dendrite.com/surgeon/c07063f6a109aee486a367586d12b22f/data
- FRSC (ORL-HNS) Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2010
- FRSC Otolaryngology Royal college of Surgeons Edinburgh 2003
- FRSC General Surgery Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2001
- MBBS Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 1990
Reference number 5207671
Details of entry to specialist register
- ENT, , 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeon
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Fibre optic examination of the pharynx +/- biopsy/removal of foreign body - (>50)
Aural toilet (including microsuction and/or suction of exteriorised mastoid cavity) including bilateral - (5-50)
FESS: excision uncinate process and anterior ethmoid bulla, antrostomy/antral puncture, simple polypectomy and attention to turbinates (bilateral) - (5-50)
Septoplasty of nose (including attention to turbinates) - (1-5)
ExCon - Further Discretionary Payment - (1-5)
- Show All (12 )...