- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Video and telephone consultations
Dr Chapman undertook his medical training at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals in London and completed specialist training in general medicine and respiratory medicine in London including renowned centres of excellence; St George’s hospital, The Royal Marsden hospital and the Royal Brompton hospital.
Dr Chapman was awarded a prized 'Darzi Fellowship' in thoracic oncology and medical leadership at the Royal Marsden hospital, where he gained experience in the investigation and management of patients with lung malignancies. His time at the Royal Marsden also included education and experience in medical management skills for service development and education from the University of Leeds.
Dr Chapman also holds a Masters degree with distinction (MSc) in Allergy from Imperial College, London. This post-graduate degree was undertaken whilst also training at The Royal Brompton hospital in London, specialising in management of difficult cough, asthma and respiratory allergy.
Dr Chapman has research published in peer-reviewed journals and has presented his work at national and international conferences. He also has educational material published for respiratory physicians. He is part of the education faculty at Luton and Dunstable teaching hospital, teaching both undergraduate students and postgraduate doctors in medicine.
Dr Chapman is the Clinical Director of Respiratory Medicine at Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and lead clinician for lung cancer and asthma. He is involved in many aspects of service improvement and development. He is a current active member of the lung cancer network.
Areas of interest
• Cough • Asthma • Bronchiectasis • Obstructive sleep apnoea • Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) • Lung cancer • Allergy • Lung disease • Pulmonary fibrosis / interstitial lung disease • Bronchoscopy and EBUS • Breathlessness
- Leah Davis
- Luton & Dunstable Hospital NHS Trust Lewsey Road LUTON LU4 0DZ
- 07907 145553
- Selina Rahman
- Bedford Hospital Kempston Road Bedford MK42 9DJ
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Physician in Respiratory and General (Internal) Medicine at Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Clinical Director of Respite Medicine at Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Lung cancer, asthma.
Travel, skiing and my family.
Distinction in MSc Allergy, Imperial College, London
Many other international publications and presentations at both national and international conferences. These include:
Differential Diagnosis of Asthma (book chapter). Chapman T, Menzies-Gow A. Advances in Asthma Management (Future Science Group 2011), Editors Stephen T Holgate & Riccardo Polosa.
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis associated with pulmonary vein thrombosis: a case report. Cavaco RA, Kaul S, Chapman TH, Cassaretti R, Philips B, Rhodes A, Grounds MR. Cases Journal 2009 Dec 7; 2:9156
Sildenafil therapy in secondary pulmonary hypertension: Is there benefit in prolonged use? Chapman TH, Wilde M, Sheth A, Madden BP. Vascular Pharmacology 2009 Aug-Sep;51(2-3):90-5.
Water intoxication presenting as maternal and neonatal seizures: a case report. Chapman TH, Hamilton M. Journal of Medical Case Reports 2008 Dec 4;2:366.
Domiciliary humidification improves lung mucociliary clearance in patients with bronchiectasis. Hasani A, Chapman TH, McCool D, Smith RE, Dilworth JP, Agnew JE. Chronic Respiratory Disease Journal 2008;5(2):81-6.
Lung Alert; Molecular techniques improve organism identification from pleural fluid in empyema. Chapman TH. Thorax 2005;60:409
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2017
- MSc Imperial College, London 2013
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 2004
- MBBS United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals, London 1998
- Allergy Imperial College 2010
- Medical Management University of Leeds / Royal Marsden Hospital, London 2009
Reference number 4543811
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Director for Respiratory Medicine Bedfordshire Hospitals NHSFT 2022
- Lead Consultant for Lung Cancer Bedfordshire Hospitals NHSFT 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT General (Internal Medicine) , 2011
- CCT Respiratory Medicine , 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Physicians
British Thoracic Society
British Medical Association
- Pinehill Hospital, SG4 9QZ
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01462 427207
- Spire Harpenden Hospital, AL5 4BP
- 18:00 - 21:00
- 01582 497433
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr T Chapman