- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
Since graduating from Glasgow University in 1996, Michelle initially trained and worked as a GP. She has spent over 20 years developing a specialist interest in SEM at primary and secondary care levels. This time included providing expertise in team, event and expedition medicine.
She is a Fellow of the UK Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine and has previously worked as a locum SEM Consultant for the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Unit at Headley Court. Michelle has completed a post-graduate certificate in musculo-skeletal ultrasound.
Michelle has extensive experience working with elite sport including as Chief Medical Officer for Scottish Athletics, and providing SEM support at the London Olympic and Paralympic Games. She was a team doctor with Team Scotland at Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014 and Gold Coast 2018, as well as with Team GB at Tokyo Olympics 2020. She is the SEM lead physician for the Scottish Institute of Sport, East Region.
Areas of interest
Sports injuries; Ultrasound; Soft tissue injections;
- MBChB Glasgow University 1996
- BSc Physiology and Sports Science Glasgow University 1993
- MRCGP Royal College of General Practitioners 2001
- DFFP Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2000
- DRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2001
- Dip SEM (GB&I) Royal College of Physicians London and Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2002
- FFSEM Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine 2012
- PgC Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Glasgow Caledonian University 2012
Reference number 4302548
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sport and Exercise Medicine , 2012
- General Practice , 2001
Affiliations / memberships
FSEM, BASEM, UKADIS