- Bupa Platinum consultant
- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
Dr Gajan Rajeswaran is a Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist at University College Hospital London and specialises in all aspects of Musculoskeletal Imaging with a subspecialist interest in Elite Sport.
He completed his medical training at Imperial College London and was appointed as a Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital in 2011 having previously completed two post-CCT fellowships in Musculoskeletal Imaging at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital as well as working as a Locum Consultant across North West London. He moved to a Consultant post at University College Hospital London in 2017 to further his research interests.
He is experienced in elite sports imaging, having worked as a Radiologist at the Glasgow XX Commonwealth Games 2014 and the UEFA Euro 2016 Football Tournament as well as currently working with a number of Barclays Premier League Football and Aviva Premier League Rugby Clubs.
Recent and current appointments:
- Co-lead for Musculoskeletal Imaging in the Chelsea & Westminster Radiology department until 2017.
- Joint Training Programme Director, responsible for 20 Radiology Trainees including two Musculoskeletal Imaging Fellows until 2017.
Publications, lectures and teaching:
- Dr Rajeswaran is an international lecturer and teacher, who has contributed almost 30 abstracts to National and International Scientific Research Meetings .
He has 16 radiological publications in peer reviewed journals and has co-authored 2 textbooks.
He is a tutor on the "Hands On" Musculoskeletal MRI Course at the British Institute of Radiology".
He has an active role in training, having completed a Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education and he organizes and teaches on several courses.
International Skeletal Society
British Society of Skeletal Radiology
European Society of Skeletal Radiology
Radiological Society of North America
Areas of interest
Musculoskeletal radiology; Musculoskeletal ultrasound
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Roger Cordery Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Radiologist with a Sub-specialist Interest in Musculoskeletal Imaging, Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Sports Injuries, Percutaneous Release of the Annular Pulley in Trigger Digit
I have multiple peer reviewed publications:
- MBBS Imperial College London 2001
- FRCR Royal College of Radiologists 2008
- Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Imaging Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust 2009
- Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Imaging Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital 2010
Reference number 6031555
Details of entry to specialist register
- Clinical Radiology , 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Radiologists, Royal Society of Medicine, European Society of Musculoskeletal Radiology, Radiological Society of North America.
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Injection(s) +/- aspiration, into joint, cyst, bursa with image guidance - unilateral - (>50)
Shoulder hydrodistension +/- image guidance - (5-50)
Autologous blood injection for tendinopathy with/without dry needling and ultrasound guidance - (5-50)