- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
Dr Saha has had extensive training in all aspects of rheumatology and general internal medicine. This has included training at the professorial unit at King’s College Hospital and in the Louise Coote Lupus Unit at St Thomas’ Hospital. During this time, Dr Amit Saha has been awarded an MSC in rheumatology (distinction), an MA in education and won a bursary for his research which was based on measuring disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis.
Dr Amit Saha has GMC specialist accreditation in rheumatology and general internal medicine and is a consultant rheumatologist (Clinical Lead) for both Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospitals.
Dr Saha has developed a keen interest in education and was a London deanery sponsored fellow in medical education.
Areas of interest
Inflammatory joint diseases including - Rheumatoid arthritis, Connective tissue diseases, Gout, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Soft tissue rheumatology, Pain management, Back pain and Medical Reports.
- Carole Jack
- Nuffield Health Tunbridge Wells Hospital Kingswood Road TUNBRIDGE WELLS TN2 4UL
- 01892 618977
- 01892 618977
- To pay your remaining balance please call
- 01702 382362
Current NHS consultant posts held
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
Inflammatory joint disease
1. Associate of King’s College London 1997 (First Leeves Prize)
2. The Smith and Nephew Foundation Award for BSc Funding- 1997
3. MSc in Rheumatology with Distinction and South Thames Rheumatology Bursary -2006
2. London Deanery Fellowship in Education- 2008
1. Saha A, Agarwal S and Gibson T. Septic arthritis: an extensive variety of pathology. BMJ case reports. 2009 (doi:10.1136/bcr.03.2009.1642).
2. Saha AK, Rachapalli S, Steer S, and Gordon P. Bilateral parotid gland swelling in wegener’s granulomatosis. Annals of the rheumatic diseases. 68. 1233-1234.
3. Saha AK and D’Cruz D. New potential therapies for the treatment of antiphospholipid syndrome. Expert opinion on therapeutic patents, 19(1) 13-22, 2009.
Courses offered to GPs
Available for talks to GPs regarding any aspect of Rheumatology
- BSc in Pharmacology London University 1997
- MBBS Guy’s, King’s College and St Thomas’ School of Medicine 2000
- MSc in Rheumatology with Distinction London University 2006
- MA In Clinical Education Institute of Education 2010
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2014
Reference number 4733418
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the BMA and British Society of Rheumatologists
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.