- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
I am an accredited CBT Psychotherapist with BABCP and I work strictly by NICE guidelines and the Step Care Model. I attend clinical supervision monthly and attend CPD in relation to keeping up-to-date with best practice.
I am also an evidenced based CBT practitioner and an EMDR practitioner. Feedback from clients has been very positive.
Areas of interest
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); EMDR; Trauma Focused CBT, Depression; Anxiety; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD); Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD); Panic Disorder; Social Anxiety; Health Anxiety, Body Dysmophic Disorder Specific Phobia; Addictions; Low Self-Esteem; Assertion;, Stress Control; Self Esteem Issues, Workplace Problems, Bereavement, Mindfulness Meditation; Anger Management, Progressive Muscle Relaxation; Sleep: Guided Imagery; Relaxation Techniques, Exam Stress; Suicide Ideation; Self Harm.
I am an accredited CBT Therapist and I specialise in Trauma (PTSD) but I am also experienced in treating all the above disorders.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Pain management
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Belfast Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Centre 2009
- Masters in Counselling and Therapeutic Communication University of Ulster 2007
- BSc (Hons) Psychology University of Ulster 2001
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Guidance University of Ulster 2004
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy The Mindfulness Centre NI 2014
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (1-5)